Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting WJEC French and Spanish in May and I was wondering if anyone has some particularly effective ways of revising for languages as it is an area where I struggle.

Just the reading/listening as I have done all my Controlled Assessments

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicMaestro97)
    I'm sitting WJEC French and Spanish in May and I was wondering if anyone has some particularly effective ways of revising for languages as it is an area where I struggle.

Thanks
    i've got my french reading and listening in may too. the way i am revising for it, is by making a vocab page for each topics and witting down the french and the english for the words i dont know. Also, bitesize is a good website to practice for your listening! hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi24)
    i've got my french reading and listening in may too. the way i am revising for it, is by making a vocab page for each topics and witting down the french and the english for the words i dont know. Also, bitesize is a good website to practice for your listening! hope this helped
    Ooh I might try that! I hope the listening exam is first so i'm in a French mood before the dreaded reading paper!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I might try that! I hope the listening exam is first so i'm in a French mood before the dreaded reading paper!
    Aw yeh, i prefer the listening than reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi24)
    Aw yeh, i prefer the listening than reading
    they're much easier, in my opinion! Hope you do well on 13th May!

ReputationRep:
    they're much easier, in my opinion! Hope you do well on 13th May!
    Same to you xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing the WJEC French exams in May and to revise I've basically been going over vocabulary, past exam papers, the usual stuff. Although I've also been reading French news online such as LeMonde.Fr and 1jour1actu - they're both really good for finding new vocabulary and just practising reading. I also bought some French magazines from WHSmith and I've been reading them too which is really helpful for vocab as a lot of vocab in there has come up in past papers I've been doing.

Good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    I found a site about 2 weeks ago that has helped me loads learning french because I find it quite hard so its been a relief to find something that works: http://www.memrise.com/home/ hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaraNicole_)
    I'm also doing the WJEC French exams in May and to revise I've basically been going over vocabulary, past exam papers, the usual stuff. Although I've also been reading French news online such as LeMonde.Fr and 1jour1actu - they're both really good for finding new vocabulary and just practising reading. I also bought some French magazines from WHSmith and I've been reading them too which is really helpful for vocab as a lot of vocab in there has come up in past papers I've been doing.

Good luck to everyone
    I will check out those websites, thank you French GCSE will be the death of me

Good luck to you too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.