Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm currently in the middle of filling out my student finance application - I am unable to do it online due to an error popping up all the time so I am filling out a paper copy.

I am an EU national but I've lived in the UK for over 3 years.

In section a5, I have to give "details" about my parent's work and my previous study. However I am unsure of what information it is asking me to give in this tiny space. Do I just say where my parents are employed and which schools I have attended?

Also under b2 it asks for residence details, when I know the date when I moved in, but the date 'to' I don't know as in I haven't moved out of my house so I cannot give the date?

Thank you for all your help.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ehren,

With regard to previous study you only need to tell us if you've studied for a previous HNC, HND or degree we don't need to know about your school info.

With regards to residency you can state that you are still at your current address.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    What details do I need to put down about my parent's work in the little box under a5?

Concerning section 6 - I only have a Young Person's Account from Barclays in my name. Do I have to set up a new bank account when I turn 18? If I do, how do I go about changing my details?
    The two contact details in section 6 - Is it okay for me to put 2 people with the same address? I don't have any other family.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Ehrenfest,

You can provide your current bank details then update these from your online account later if they do change.c
    To amend your bank details just log into your online account then go to My Account > Update Bank Details

No your contacts need to be at separate addresses but they don't need to be family members.

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.