Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I was having a little trouble with a few calculations of mine. Basically, I would like to know how to calculate the currency/numerical value of an interest rate payment. For example, over the course of 17 months, if an individual were to borrow £5,000 at interest rate 2%, how would we be able to calculate the sum of money to be paid as a representative of the interest rate charged. For example, due to the interest rate being 2%, this would create a monthly payment of £XXX and this £XXX is in fact the repayment value, the equivalent of the interest rate given. It's not the monthly repayments I'm after, I would like to know the equivalent repayment as a proportion of the interest rate.

Thank you to all. I hope I have made this question clear!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.