Help please??! Watch

Kajisnotonfire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm 15, in year 10 and going to school... I would like to go and volunteer for a charity shop or something but i don't think anyone takes people under 16? Do you know anywhere that may me? Help pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im not sure about charity shops, but theres no harm in asking if you can volunteer there at 15.
How about volunteering at your local rainbow/brownie/guides group. You can volunteer there from 14.
British199
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good on you for wanting to volunteer. I agree with Emma above :-)
Annaish
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I volunteered at OXFAM aged 15 - I just wasn't allowed to work on the till on my own, but I could do everything else.
If you want to volunteer for a specific charity it is worth looking at their website for details; you could also ask at school if there are teachers who run the Duke of Edinburgh award, as even if you're too young to do it now, they may be able to set you up with whatever charity they use for the volunteering section of it.

Good luck!
curtis871
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oxfam, british heart foundation and save the children will all let you volunteer under 16 in their shops. I believe others will too.
Kajisnotonfire
Rep:
?
Ahh that's a good idea thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kajisnotonfire
Rep:
?
Aww thanks i just thought why not instead of just sitting at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kajisnotonfire
Rep:
?
Thanks for the idea but i won't be doing dofe its too much exercise for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
BeccyW
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think charity shops might let you help put out or arrange the stock, even if they won't let you work the tills. Volunteering with Rainbows/Brownies/Guides is very fulfilling also. I have been volunteering with my local Brownie pack for some time now and it's surprisingly enjoyable! I'm sure most places will be pretty accommodating if you ask though!
Spheniscidae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Libraries are good places to find volunteering work and they usually need a few extra helping hands - plus they allowed me to work behind the counter and I was 14.
Kajisnotonfire
Rep:
?
Thank you for all your help guys!! I am now volunteering at a charity shop and they let me use the till etc.
XXSimranXX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kajisnotonfire)
I'm 15, in year 10 and going to school... I would like to go and volunteer for a charity shop or something but i don't think anyone takes people under 16? Do you know anywhere that may me? Help pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
yhh i they do.allow 15year olds to volunteer you just need to go in and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
jellie88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kajisnotonfire)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been volunteering in an Oxfam shop since I was 14 and that's the youngest age they allow people to start volunteering.

edit: Didn't see this was old. Are you enjoying it there?
jeltringham
Report 5 years ago
Charity shops will probably let you do everything apart from using the tills until you're 16. Good on you for wanting to volunteer! I worked in a charity shop after I left uni until I started my job and it stopped me from going crazy!!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads