Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I study Criminology and Criminal Justice with Psychology at uni, and I would really like to find either work experience or an internship for the summer in Forensic Psychology, but when I check sites like ratemyplacement most of the jobs are for business and marketing students Has anyone got any advice where I can find any? Thank You

ReputationRep:
    Try calling/emailing companies directly. You might have to try a few, but it's certainly possible that there will be firms out there who would agree to take you on (especially unpaid).

ReputationRep:
    It's not easy to get work experience in Forensic Psychology as a student, especially because of confidentiality reasons etc.

As above, e-mailing potential places that interest you is worth a shot, but the types of experience considered relevant in Forensic Psychology are things like Victim Support, the police, charities working with prisoners and their families, the NHS and mental health services, or with youth offending teams etc. www.do-it.org.uk is good for finding places to volunteer if you haven't looked on there already too.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.