Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    ive got unconditional offers from both, along with other unis but ive narrowed it down to these two but really cant make my mind up. As Birmingham city is only a hour away unlike northumbria which is 3 and a half.birmingham city has a new campus and building this year but northumbria has really good campus and facility's any way. Northumbria has better statics than birmingham and the entry requirements are higher which means its a better uni but birmingham is well known for fashion. at birmingham i can do bridal wear which is want i want to do when i graduate but northumbria i can do textiles and knit which im good at. northumbria seems to look nicer, close beaches and countryside and most the city is students unlike birmingham which seems a bit rough but its better connected with the fashion world more clothes, more fashion house connections, more competitions, closer to london. so i really cant make my mind up as there both really good but for different reasons. northumbria appears to be a better uni in its self and a nicer place to live but birmingham city seems to be more fashion related.

ReputationRep:
    Northumbria is definitely the better course. The teaching and resources are some of the best in the country at the moment, and almost 100% of its graduates get jobs in the industry. It also has extensive links to the fashion business and will provide you with some really great places to go on your placement. I would say Northumbria definitely has the best course, but Birmingham is a better city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avdw)
    Northumbria is definitely the better course. The teaching and resources are some of the best in the country at the moment, and almost 100% of its graduates get jobs in the industry. It also has extensive links to the fashion business and will provide you with some really great places to go on your placement. I would say Northumbria definitely has the best course, but Birmingham is a better city.
    Birmingham a better city! No way...Newcastle has absolutely everything you could possibly want!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Northumbria. Is better know for fashion design, they have won loads of competitions and their tutors are good.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.