Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please write if you applied to Sociology or Social Policy. I am a bit worried because I haven't known anyone yet, who is on my course

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was nervous as well, Stirling would be a new town for me. I've got a conditional for Sociology and social policy, what about you? Do you no one at university already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrikk)
    Please write if you applied to Sociology or Social Policy. I am a bit worried because I haven't known anyone yet, who is on my course
    heyaa, I'm doing criminology as my first degree, but I'll be doing some sociology aswell. sorry if it's not enough

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Sociology with History+teaching
    I love the sound of sociology at Stirling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarrotReaper)
    I've applied for Sociology with History+teaching
    I love the sound of sociology at Stirling!
    I'm guessing that your doing secondary teaching? I'm doing biology with secondary teaching

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional for 2nd year of Sociology & Social Policy. If I choose to go to Stirling I'll be living in halls so will no doubt still bump into all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jah00011)
    I'm guessing that your doing secondary teaching? I'm doing biology with secondary teaching
    Yeah, secondary teaching
    Ah that's cool, i'm taking higher biology this year, totally rubbish at it haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HE17)
    Hello, I was nervous as well, Stirling would be a new town for me. I've got a conditional for Sociology and social policy, what about you? Do you no one at university already?
    I had an unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy, and Sociology and Spanish. Finally I accepted Sociology and Spanish

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy Glad I've come across this since I hadn't heard of anybody else who had applied either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akd*)
    I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy Glad I've come across this since I hadn't heard of anybody else who had applied either!
    Stirling is quite strong in social sciences, so I'm looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer (and I'll know whether I'm in or not TOMORROW...) to Sociology & Criminology!

ReputationRep:
    Stirling is quite strong in social sciences, so I'm looking forward to it
    I'm looking forward to it too - the university seems great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xanthippe)
    I got a conditional offer (and I'll know whether I'm in or not TOMORROW...) to Sociology & Criminology!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Aaaand I got the grades I needed! YEAH. I'll be seeing you guys in September!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you 'language-relative'! (im Hungarian ) btw why did you decide to go Scotland from Finland?

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to get away from Finland (I'm constantly afraid of getting stuck somewhere haha) and I have friends studying in Scotland, so it seemed somehow natural. I can't wait to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xanthippe)
    I just wanted to get away from Finland (I'm constantly afraid of getting stuck somewhere haha) and I have friends studying in Scotland, so it seemed somehow natural. I can't wait to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good which accomodation will you stay in?

ReputationRep:
    That's good which accomodation will you stay in?
    I don't know yet - I still need to wait for the official translation of my graduating certificate so my conditional offer can be changed to an unconditional :/ I should get it in a couple of weeks, though...

But I think I'll apply to Geddes as my first and AKD as second choice. I just want the cheapest one really

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for and accepted a place in Geddes Court. Unfortunately, money is an important factor for me too, so I decided to choose the cheapest one... but I think it will be good, I look forward to it btw. I would like to find a part-time job beside uni, to cover at least a part of my costs.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for and accepted a place in Geddes Court. Unfortunately, money is an important factor for me too, so I decided to choose the cheapest one... but I think it will be good, I look forward to it btw. I would like to find a part-time job beside uni, to cover at least a part of my costs.
    Yeah Geddes doesn't look bad, of course it has a lot of people living there but you know, I personally don't mind. Seems nice enough!

I've been thinking of getting a job as well, at least for the summer, mostly because I really don't want to have to move all my stuff to Finland and back.

Oh and I forgot to ask you back! Why did you decide to study in Scotland?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.