Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

From What would you do if your children are homosexual Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Being gay isn't the error of somebodies ways, you ignorant bigot. There is no choice in it and you can't debate the gay away. Sure, I want any potential children of mine to have respective values: everybody deserves equality, it's not polite to stare etc. However your 'values' aren't values at all - thinking that gay people are 'in some form in error' for having a sexuality which is different to yours is despicable.
    You need to tone the rhetoric down, you're coming across as a bit Conservo-phobic.

I may not be able to "debate the gay away" as you put it but I might be able to exert enough pressure to at least make them think about the alternatives to a homosexual lifestyle. Tbh if they were gay I'd prefer it if they supressed their natural tendencies just so they didn't embarrass the family too much, sure this would lead to a build up of inner emotional turmoil but ultimately that's there problem not mine. I have a reputation to upkeep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    Tbh if they were gay I'd prefer it if they supressed their natural tendencies just so they didn't embarrass the family too much
    You would be the embarrassment. Amongst people of quality, you'd be seen as a revolting dinosaur, sympathy would be felt for your gay son or daughter.

People like you are seen as foul, anti-social bigots. You're part of a radical minority, determined to overturn the established social order and law of the land. For shame.

I have a reputation to upkeep.
    Your syntax is embarrassing. What reputation?

Edit: Btw, how old are you and what course are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    You need to tone the rhetoric down, you're coming across as a bit Conservo-phobic.

I may not be able to "debate the gay away" as you put it but I might be able to exert enough pressure to at least make them think about the alternatives to a homosexual lifestyle. Tbh if they were gay I'd prefer it if they supressed their natural tendencies just so they didn't embarrass the family too much, sure this would lead to a build up of inner emotional turmoil but ultimately that's there problem not mine. I have a reputation to upkeep.
    I really do hope you're just trolling.. if not you need to be sterilised

ReputationRep:

If your reputation and the risk of 'embarrassing' the family is more important than your child being happy, you should probably just not have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    If your reputation and the risk of 'embarrassing' the family is more important than your child being happy, you should probably just not have children.
    There's a strong possibility I'll have healthy children though as there's no history of homosexuality in my family.

ReputationRep:
    There's a strong possibility I'll have healthy children though as there's no history of homosexuality in my family.
    Gay doesn't mean unhealthy.
    There isn't a history in my family either but my brother is bisexual.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Gay doesn't mean unhealthy.
    There isn't a history in my family either but my brother is bisexual.
    I'm sorry to hear that, maybe he's experimenting?

I'd prefer to have heterosexual children if I had a choice in the matter because I feel it's more normal than homosexuality. If they were homosexual I'd have to deal with it of course (probably with denial), but I'm hoping it won't happen.

ReputationRep:

I'd prefer to have heterosexual children if I had a choice in the matter because I feel it's more normal than homosexuality. If they were homosexual I'd have to deal with it of course (probably with denial), but I'm hoping it won't happen.
    You're the only person who is sorry to hear that, nobody else gives a ****.

It's fine to prefer them to be straight (although not to the point where you'd disown a gay child, it isn't fine to say they're 'unhealthy' or 'embarrassing' if they're not straight.

ReputationRep:
    conservo-phobic isn't a word. Also im not being bombastic so its not rhetoric.
    [/quote]
    I may not be able to "debate the gay away" as you put it but I might be able to exert enough pressure to at least make them think about the alternatives to a homosexual lifestyle. Tbh if they were gay I'd prefer it if they suppressed their natural tendencies just so they didn't embarrass the family too much, sure this would lead to a build up of inner emotional turmoil but ultimately that's there problem not mine. I have a reputation to upkeep.[/QUOTE]
    Do you not understand? Homosexuality IS NOT A LIFESTYLE it's not like being vegan or following feng shui. Homosexuality is the,biological, mental, physical and sexual attraction to people of the same sex.
    Once again if they are 'natural tendencies' they would be passed down from you and your ancestors, so you would be a hypocrite as you would be persecuting them for something which you transferred to them.

If you try to suppress someone's sexuality you would look the embarrassment not your child. How could you be so ****ing disgusting that you would be willing to screw up the life of your child.

(Original post by MostUncivilised)
    You would be the embarrassment. Amongst people of quality, you'd be seen as a revolting dinosaur, sympathy would be felt for your gay son or daughter.

People like you are seen as foul, anti-social bigots. You're part of a radical minority, determined to overturn the established social order and law of the land. For shame.

Your syntax is embarrassing. What reputation?

Edit: Btw, how old are you and what course are you taking?
    (Original post by AJ_Moose)
    I really do hope you're just trolling.. if not you need to be sterilised
    See, all these people agree with me and not you, these people are the youth and society of today and you are in the minority.
    Hah, because that's how sexuality works...

Sent from my PadFone 2

ReputationRep:
    Got a warning for trolling this quite clearly troll thread........

So I'll take this thread seriously! That'll show you!

I'd obviously love them just as much as before they came out as gay. Anyone who hates their kids for their sexuality is a monster.

But seriously mods, close this thread, it's just stupid :/

ReputationRep:
    You're the only person who is sorry to hear that, nobody else gives a ****.

It's fine to prefer them to be straight (although not to the point where you'd disown a gay child, it isn't fine to say they're 'unhealthy' or 'embarrassing' if they're not straight.
    So you don't find a bisexual brother embarrassing? Interesting. It's a new take on things I suppose.

I wouldn't disown a gay child, I just wouldn't necessarily allow them to bring their partner back to the family home. I would frown on their lifestyle choice so to speak and make it clear that I disapprove, but I wouldn't go any further than that.

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry, so you go from saying you would basically terrorise the gay awayb or at least damage your child enough to try to try to change and now yousay you would basically just be in denial. Wth?

ReputationRep:
    So you don't find a bisexual brother embarrassing? Interesting. It's a new take on things I suppose.

I wouldn't disown a gay child, I just wouldn't necessarily allow them to bring their partner back to the family home. I would frown on their lifestyle choice so to speak and make it clear that I disapprove, but I wouldn't go any further than that.
    What is there to be embarrassed about? He likes men, big woop, so do I. The fact that I'm a woman and he's a man makes no difference.

Well you wouldn't have a very good relationship with your child and I'd hope they'd want nothing to do with you at the earliest opportunity.

ReputationRep:

How old are you and what course are you taking?

I thought you're like 46, and not currently in education. What are you doing spending your time on the student room?

ReputationRep:
    What is there to be embarrassed about? He likes men, big woop, so do I. The fact that I'm a woman and he's a man makes no difference.
    I'd honestly feel physically sick if my brother decided to shack up with another man. I can't believe you're so nonchalant about such things.

Well you wouldn't have a very good relationship with your child and I'd hope they'd want nothing to do with you at the earliest opportunity.
    It would cut down on the bills I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I'd honestly feel physically sick if my brother decided to shack up with another man. I can't believe you're so nonchalant about such things.

It would cut down on the bills I suppose.
    You're in your mid-40s and currently not in education, are you not?

Why do you spend you time trolling student room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    How old are you and what course are you taking?

I thought you're like 46, and not currently in education. What are you doing spending your time on the student room?
    Why don't you mind your own business?

This is an annonymous debating forum not PlentyofFish. If I was going to offer up personal details it certainly wouldn't be to the likes of you.

ReputationRep:
    X
    Mini - ChefDave is a troll of the first order. He's a mid-40s ultra-conservative. He's not currently in any form of education

He just comes here because he finds it easier to debate and troll people much younger than he is

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you mind your own business?

This is an annonymous debating forum not PlentyofFish. If I was going to offer up personal details it certainly wouldn't be to the likes of you.
    Thank you for answering my question.

I'm a mid-20s part-time LLB student at BPP Law School.

This is an annonymous debating forum
    Funnily enough, it's not. It's a forum for students, on whatever issue they choose to discuss. Not vaguely creepy non-students who seek to stir up trouble and troll.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.