Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know there are a lot of these, but I don't know anyone personally who has done the IB and after reading through some threads I'm getting a bit worried.

Basically, my options are:

English Lit, Chemistry and Philosophy (HL)
    Math, French and History (SL)

I want to study law at university in the UK, but my main concern right now is if that mix of subjects will be manageable enough to score fairly decently by the end of IB.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peculiarcolour)
    I know there are a lot of these, but I don't know anyone personally who has done the IB and after reading through some threads I'm getting a bit worried.

Basically, my options are:

English Lit, Chemistry and Philosophy (HL)
    Math, French and History (SL)

I want to study law at university in the UK, but my main concern right now is if that mix of subjects will be manageable enough to score fairly decently by the end of IB.

Thanks!
    It definitely sounds like a good combination for law, the only thing I would suggest is maybe switch History and Chemistry. HL chemistry is hard unless you are very good at maths, but standard level has a lot less maths content. History at HL (although I do geog, some of my friends do it) is just more breadth and a tiny little bit more detail at HL than at SL.
    Can't comment at all on philosophy sorry, our school do not run it.
    English lit should be fine at HL again just a little bit deeper essay writing needed but probably necessary for law.
    Your school may not offer it, but have you considered Maths studies as opposed to maths? As you are unlikely to need it in the future it is a good way to boost your score.

Hope all this helps, let me know if you need anything else

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Thanks for your input, my school does run Marhs Studies and in all honesty I will probably end up dropping down to that as we have that option. I understand what you're saying about HL Chemistry, but that's one subject I know I'll be fine in as I've thoroughly inquired about the course content and discussed it with the main teacher in the Cjemistry department.

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I was never trying to pt you off HL chemistry, I personally love it, just wanted to make sure you knew what was involved I hope everything goes well for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.