Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just received news that I have an interview with Manchester Uni for a 'Science with integrated foundation degree' course and needless to say I'm very happy.

However, I lack the A-levels usually needed for a foundation course (long story relating to health/home issues which they know about). Obviously it's not a deal breaker otherwise they wouldn't have offered me the interview but I was wondering whether anybody else had a similar experience and how their specific case was dealt with. I don't want to get my hopes up but I don't want to be negative about the experience either.

If you had a similar experience please let me know how you found it, negative or positive. Also, if you're currently taking the course it would be great to know what it's like from a student's perspective.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's fine, I got on last year with A-Levels in Philosophy, Psychology & Religion. They will just bump up the grades a little than if you had the standard Maths and Physics, probably to BBB.

I wouldn't worry about it either, most of the people I've spoke to about it on the course didn't have any kind of rigorous questioning, they all pretty much had a place as soon as they walked in the room. Of course don't hold this as gospel but it is pretty likely they already know they want you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much! I just needed some insight from someone that had experience with the process. Am a little less nervous now

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.