Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi hi, so im thinking about moving out and going into student accomodation for my second year. Ive got a list of a few places im looking at and wanted to know if anyone round had applied for them or has been in them previously and what what they think about them/what the areas like/is it good value.

- Cavendish House
    - The Courtyard
    - Devonshire Courtyard
    - Halford House
    - The Marples
    - Pearl house
    - Opal 1

Also, wanting to see if there are people looking for flatmate in decent areas? Im not a drinker or smoker, im currently studying Fine Arts and will be in my second year - work during the day and am usually gone from morning to late evening. Not someone who goes out and such really and generally pretty damn tidy (:

Any advice would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this, still looking for some help (:

ReputationRep:
    Can only comment on the Courtyard, its great for access to town but the landlords are shocking.
    Lived there in my first year Google reviews for them and you don't really find much good.

Hope that helps you narrow it down.

http://uk.local.yahoo.com/South_York...0-e-34503.html

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a double room free in a 3 bed house on Sharrow Vale Road (just behind Ecclesall Road. 10 mins walk to both City and Collegiate Crescent Campus. The two house mates are very tidy and easy going aged 22 and are currently studying and working in internships. It's a non smoking house, with free off street parking, dining kitchen, living room, utility, great cellar with windows that could be used as a studio/storage, small patio garden, bathroom with separate shower. All newly renovated. Room is £70 per week. Is a available as current house mate has had to move for work. Call me on 07943852596 if interested. Thanks, Ginny

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my boyfriend signed up for a lovely flat on Broomhall Road (http://www.sunrisestar.co.uk/fairfield.php) but he is now changing universities due to the course not being right here. The flat is shared with 5 other great guys, there are two bathrooms and a large lounge and kitchen. It's 5 minutes from Collegiate Campus and 10-15 minutes from City Campus so perfect location! The room has a double bed and the price is £92 per week with all bills and sky included. The deposit has already been paid so you don't need to worry about that. If you're interested or know someone who is then please private message me
    Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.