Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, if you have lived in Connaught halls or have visited there, I want to ask something about the hall and the school catering.
    I am going to be a final year Undergraduate student in UoS and for the last year, I applied for Connaught Halls because I am sick of cooking and I heard that many people said that it is the best hall they have lived(the atmosphere is great), so I want to try out. But I have some doubts about the hall, hope that somebody can answer them for me.
    Firstly, I heard that the hall is mostly for first year undergraduate, so does it mean that I have less chance to get it since I am going to be a final year student(I am an international student, so I am assured of a place)?
    Secondly, I am a mature student(going to be 23 by that time,OMG). I guess that the hall will be full of dynamic 18-year-olds, so would it be hard for me to fit in, will there be mature students like me?
    Thirdly, I know that the catering covers breakfast and dinner and we could trade lunch at campus with dinner. So if I choose to have lunch, can I only buy a main dish and a drink, or I could choose whatever I want, such as soup, chips as long as it does not exceed the credit limit?
    Lastly, will the shower and toilet in separate rooms or in one room of separate cabins?
    Thanks a lot!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.