Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, everyone!

I got offers from 5 universities and now i can't decide which one to be my Firm or Insurance. Im an international student so it's even more difficult for me at this point. Some of the offers i received are completely impossible to be achieved, so my first question is whether there is any point of calling the University and ask them if they can in a way "lower" the requirements they had given me and my second question, and the more important one is:
    Among Bath, York, Sheffield, Southampton and Manchester, who do you prefer to study at most, having in mind that the course im applying to is Computer Science.

Thanks in advance for the responces and have a nice day!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by awfast)
    Hello, everyone!

I got offers from 5 universities and now i can't decide which one to be my Firm or Insurance. Im an international student so it's even more difficult for me at this point. Some of the offers i received are completely impossible to be achieved, so my first question is whether there is any point of calling the University and ask them if they can in a way "lower" the requirements they had given me and my second question, and the more important one is:
    Among Bath, York, Sheffield, Southampton and Manchester, who do you prefer to study at most, having in mind that the course im applying to is Computer Science.

I've moved this to the computer science uni courses part of the site as they're more likely to know about the comp sci course at your chosen universities. There really isn't any point asking universities to lower their entry requirements for you. They are set at a particular level for a reason and universities will be unlikely to make an exception for you I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awfast)
    Hello, everyone!

All top places!!

IMHO Southampton is by far and away the best of those though.

The same department as the guy that invented the world wide web, you just can't turn that down!!

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks to both of you! Still wandering about writing an email to some of the uni's to lower the requirements for degrees that i've failed 2 or three years ago. Hope not to regret after i ask them for such compromise!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.