Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Can I report a company who won't unsubscribe me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am receiving emails from a company who has purchased my (and thousands of others) email address and is sending me emails. I've already un-subscribed twice but it's not un-subscribing me. Can I report them to anyone as I can't find a way to contact them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I am receiving emails from a company who has purchased my (and thousands of others) email address and is sending me emails. I've already un-subscribed twice but it's not un-subscribing me. Can I report them to anyone as I can't find a way to contact them?
    Id probably report them. If you have already un-subscribed twice, but they still keep sending you emails, then its a bit bad really. Id try to find a way of contacting them first, and speak to them about it. If that fails, then id report them. Who would you report them to?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably all no-reply automated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Who would you report them to?
    That's what i'm asking

I replied to their 'news' email so I'll see what happens. Obviously it's not going to be read for a while due to easter so I'll probably end up forgetting about it

ReputationRep:
    I doubt there is anyone out there to report this kind of stuff to. I think the best thing to do is mark the sender as spam so it wont go into your inbox anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Often if you unsubscribe they will realise that the email address is active and will send more. Just add them to your junk mail list or just delete them. I've had this so many times. :rolleyes:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.