Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Do you think I have a chance at applying to LSE for their MSc program in International Employment Relations and HRM? I'm a Canadian student, and my cumulative gpa is 70%, which puts me at 6.33 on a 9.0 scale (I'm assuming this is a low 2:1 by UK standard). LSE requires Canadian applicants to hold a 7.0 on a 9.0 scale. Aside from this, I have a case published and completed an internship.

They now require a GMAT/GRE, which I don't understand why, considering the program is interdisciplinary and very qualitative. Plus, I don't do too well with standardized tests, so if I don't have a chance, I'd most rather save time and money. Can GMAT/GRE's be waived?

Please advice!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If GMAT/GRE is now an essential requirement, then no, it cannot be waived. If it could be waived, they would mention how and why to apply for such a waiver.

If you're applying for a course that is not very competitive (and I don't know how competitive yours is), then there's no harm in applying with an overall GPA slightly lower than what is advertised as the minimum for applicants of your caliber. However, keep in mind, that these are minimum entry requirements for a reason.

If you have good credentials outside your academics that will aid you greatly for sure. There's no harm in applying. The worst that could happen is that you will get rejected is all.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.