Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I currently get the bus to college at 8:10 then at 3:50 home. There are 2 buses that go to college. Lets call them the 266 and the X5 (not telling you all where I live) the X5 goes straight to college (about 14 miles away) and it takes 20-25 minutes and the 266 stops at every village on the way and takes about 50 minute and it's all twisty horrible roads. The bus company have now decided to scrap the X5 and just use the 266 instead and have it every half and hour instead of once an hour. The only time they will do the X5 is at 8:10 and 4:50 so I would have to wait around at college for an extra hour or so ( I finish at 3:15 and then walk to the bus stop and get there around 3:40) loads of people are really angry about this as it just makes us late and I have a phobia of buses and getting travel sick. I've only just got into a routine with the X5 and getting calm and not panicking and now ill have to get this horrible bus and I don't know what to do.

Is it worth getting a load of people who are angry to make a petition or something? I can't get a taxi or anything as its £38 for the taxi into college from where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, why are they stopping the service? Maybe if you could get the school involved and persuade other pupils to write letters to the bus company it might get them to change their mind. I know something similar happened when the bus company tried to reduce services to the area where I live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    I currently get the bus to college at 8:10 then at 3:50 home. There are 2 buses that go to college. Lets call them the 266 and the X5 (not telling you all where I live) the X5 goes straight to college (about 14 miles away) and it takes 20-25 minutes and the 266 stops at every village on the way and takes about 50 minute and it's all twisty horrible roads. The bus company have now decided to scrap the X5 and just use the 266 instead and have it every half and hour instead of once an hour. The only time they will do the X5 is at 8:10 and 4:50 so I would have to wait around at college for an extra hour or so ( I finish at 3:15 and then walk to the bus stop and get there around 3:40) loads of people are really angry about this as it just makes us late and I have a phobia of buses and getting travel sick. I've only just got into a routine with the X5 and getting calm and not panicking and now ill have to get this horrible bus and I don't know what to do.

Is it worth getting a load of people who are angry to make a petition or something? I can't get a taxi or anything as its £38 for the taxi into college from where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile

That particular bus route was probably axed as it wasn't profitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinMids)
    That particular bus route was probably axed as it wasn't profitable.
    They use a double decker bus for the route they're axing as a single one was too full and they use a single decker for the route they are keeping because not that many people use it, why would people want to be on a bus for 40 minutes when you can get there in 20

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you! I only had one bus and it was still a 30 minute walk once I'd made it to the town my college was in. It was also about an hour. If I were to drive there it took 20 minutes door to door. The last bus was also 40 minutes after college ended so if lessons overran you'd miss the bus home and have to beg a ride or get a taxi.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.