The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by w0tSuhail
First find the value of X: (3x) + (3x +1) + (x-1) = 56

simplify: 7x = 56
x = 8

Now substitute x=8 and find the area.

Area = 1/2(width*length)

Area = 1/2((x-1)*(3x))

Area = 1/2 ((8-1)*(3*8))

Area = 1/2 (7)*(24)

Area = 1/2 (168)

Area = 84

I hope I am correct.

100% :colondollar:
Reply 321
Original post by HarmanK
You do 5 + 3 which is 8 and then you do 400/8 which gives you 50.

Then you do 50 x 5 and 50 x 3 to get the ratio 250:150

Then you do 250 x 46 to get 11500 and 150 x 36 which is 5400

Then you add them up to get the answer 16900p (£169)

I'm prety sure this is the answer but i'd be great if someone else can confirm.

You have done it the correct way so answer SHOULD be correct but method nonetheless is fine
I have done this exam before, but I am doing it again. I do keep my best grade dont I ??

HELPPP I NEED TO KNOW
Reply 323
Original post by Jessiiccaaxx
I have done this exam before, but I am doing it again. I do keep my best grade dont I ??

HELPPP I NEED TO KNOW

You keep your best grade!!

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 324
Hey, is the edexcel website for maths past papers down; it just loads a blank page for me.
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse10/maths/maths-a/Pages/default.aspx

Also, can someone please answer my previos question on page 16, not knowing that is really bugging me...
Guys is there an acctual site where you can get the paper itself. I know it sounds dumb but it should be on the site which is edxcel has someone tried hacking it?:colondollar:
Good Luck Everyone :smile:
Original post by dazzer19
You keep your best grade!!

Good luck! :biggrin:

Thank you so much!

You too!:smile::smile:
Reply 328
is the edexcel site for maths working? I want the 2012 paper but it keeps coming up with a blank page...
Original post by HarmanK
is the edexcel site for maths working? I want the 2012 paper but it keeps coming up with a blank page...

I just tried to go on their website and it said 'Service Unavailable'...:confused:
Reply 330
Original post by HarmanK

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

This is what I use.. The November 2012 and March 2013 are locked so we can't accessed those
Reply 331
Original post by TomR10
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dfbpcx&s=5

On this, I have got to the point where I've worked out all of the values around the outside. Being 25m on the hypotenuse, 24m along the bottom and 7m on the remaining side. I am now confused as to how I substitute these numbers in order to find the area of the triangle. Can any one explain?

just use the basic triangle area rule
0.5*base*height
you should get 84
Reply 332
Original post by dazzer19
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

This is what I use.. The November 2012 and March 2013 are locked so we can't accessed those

I clicked on 'subject' and then 'mathimatics' and then after loading it just comes up as blank...

Also could someone else please answer my first question back on page 16, not knowing that is really bugging me...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 333
Original post by alitariq07
Guys is there an acctual site where you can get the paper itself. I know it sounds dumb but it should be on the site which is edxcel has someone tried hacking it?:colondollar:

LOL unfortunately, No. The exam isn't locked on the website, It just hasnt been uploaded to the website. So there is not possible way to get it..
Original post by Jessiiccaaxx

HELPPP I NEED TO KNOW

I don't think so sorry :/ I remember looking into this and I find somewhere official that your most current grade stands
Reply 335
Original post by Tinkletea
I don't think so sorry :/ I remember looking into this and I find somewhere official that your most current grade stands

Um, I don't think so, I re sat English literature in Jan and did worse but keep my original grade..... Unless its different for edexcel...
Original post by HarmanK
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question:

It's not a specific question but it's about that table you do where it gives you an equation for Y and you have to fll it in using the different values of x and then make a line on a graph.

I get all that but what I don't get is when it askes you to use the graph to find the solutions of the equation and the paper has some thing like:
X=........
X=........
I have no idea what to do...

(for example question 14 in the linerer mathematics paper 3 on june 2010)

When you have a parabola, there are two possibilities as to what x can be. When you draw the parabola, like in q14, there are two points where the line intersects with the x axis. Where the line you draw and the x axis meet is the answer. One should be positive, the other negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 337
Original post by HarmanK
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question:

It's not a specific question but it's about that table you do where it gives you an equation for Y and you have to fll it in using the different values of x and then make a line on a graph.

I get all that but what I don't get is when it askes you to use the graph to find the solutions of the equation and the paper has some thing like:
X=........
X=........
I have no idea what to do...

(for example question 14 in the linerer mathematics paper 3 on june 2010)

You plot the graph etc and draw it, then to find out the TWO X values, you have to see WHERE the drawn line CROSSES the X -AXIS

its simply :smile: so if the line crossed the x axis at -1 and 4 then that would be the answer... Hopefully you get my gist :smile:
Got a strong feeling that the exam is going to be easy tomorrow! :biggrin:
But then, expect high boundaries around 168 A* and 138 A like those of March 2013

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending