Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    anyone got predictions on what's needed to get a b, will the exam be harder or easier than november and june

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be easier !

ReputationRep:
    Same boundaries as march and same difficulty as June 2011

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, im sitting the foundation one!:P hope i get my C this time will be my 3rd attempt-.- was only 11 marks away from it from march and it was all silly bloopers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    When you have a parabola, there are two possibilities as to what x can be. When you draw the parabola, like in q14, there are two points where the line intersects with the x axis. Where the line you draw and the x axis meet is the answer. One should be positive, the other negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks very much H0pel3ss and dazzer, I can't believe it was so easy :banghead:

Also could someone link me too the june 2012 non-calculator exam, please?
    (sorry for asking all these questions... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessiiccaaxx)
    I have done this exam before, but I am doing it again. I do keep my best grade dont I ??

HELPPP I NEED TO KNOW

You keep your best grade. No matter what, you keep your best grade.

However, It will come up on your record you took a resit but nonetheless, you keep your best grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmorga1)
    If you only have time for one more past paper, having already done June 2012 Non calculator which one is best to try?
    For confidence building Feb/March 2013
    or To stretch yourself Nov 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarmanK)
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question:

It's not a specific question but it's about that table you do where it gives you an equation for Y and you have to fll it in using the different values of x and then make a line on a graph.

I get all that but what I don't get is when it askes you to use the graph to find the solutions of the equation and the paper has some thing like:
    X=........
    X=........
    I have no idea what to do...

(for example question 14 in the linerer mathematics paper 3 on june 2010)
    You have drawn the graph of x^2 + x - 3
    To use your graph to estimate solutions to x^2 + x - 3 = 0
    you find the 2 x values where the lines crosses the x axis (ie. the x values where y = 0)

ReputationRep:
    Any one around for one last thing. I know it's basic, but I've forgotten how to do it. How do you divide numbers with two or more digits that don't fit in to each other wholly ?
    For example, 49 / 14 . On a non-calculator paper ?

ReputationRep:
    So upset!! I cant revise, Ive tried my hardest by going through a past paper - but I need to sleep.

I'm gonna fail and its the schools fault for not telling me till the last minute!!

Can I complain officially, can I speak to the exam board - can I refuse to do the test?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for the exam everyone!

I hope I can get an A as if I do my school'll let me do AS maths next year...

I don't know vectors and that graph function thing (I can't regonise them eaither :P)
    Is it still possible to get an A? Every other A and A* I prety much know

ReputationRep:
    I got an A the first time, trying for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this paper is really good, got 9 exams this week and the last thing I need is a bad bad paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone helppp !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StandingOnTheSun)
    So upset!! I cant revise, Ive tried my hardest by going through a past paper - but I need to sleep.

I'm gonna fail and its the schools fault for not telling me till the last minute!!

Can I complain officially, can I speak to the exam board - can I refuse to do the test?
    I can't imagine how you get into a position where you don't know you are taking a GCSE exam. Is this a resit that you didn't realise you were entered for?
    Whether you can complain and to whom depends on the circumstances.
    The exam board don't want to speak to you, you have to go through your exams officer
    You can withdraw yourself from the exam by informing the exams officer tomorrow - don't just not turn up if you might want any help/cooperation from the exams dept in future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    I can't imagine how you get into a position where you don't know you are taking a GCSE exam. Is this a resit that you didn't realise you were entered for?
    Whether you can complain and to whom depends on the circumstances.
    The exam board don't want to speak to you, you have to go through your exams officer
    You can withdraw yourself from the exam by informing the exams officer tomorrow - don't just not turn up if you might want any help/cooperation from the exams dept in future.
    It's happened to 4 other people too. We didn't get letters sent out to tell us - and no teachers told us neither.

I'll see what I can do. I don't want to humiliate myself and get a low score when I know I'd have done better by revising.

It's not a resit.

ReputationRep:
    It's happened to 4 other people too. We didn't get letters sent out to tell us - and no teachers told us neither.

I'll see what I can do. I don't want to humiliate myself and get a low score when I know I'd have done better by revising.

It's not a resit.
    If it's not a resit and you were expecting to take GCSE maths this summer then I think they'll say it was really your resposibility to enquire about the dates when you hadn't heard anything. If it's not a resit and you are in Year 11 then if you don't take it you won't get a GCSE maths result and that may affect your admission to year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    If it's not a resit and you were expecting to take GCSE maths this summer then I think they'll say it was really your resposibility to enquire about the dates when you hadn't heard anything. If it's not a resit and you are in Year 11 then if you don't take it you won't get a GCSE maths result and that may affect your admission to year 12
    I'm in Year 10.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 10.
    My guess is whatever you say the school will want you to take it.
    You will be able to resit if you don't achieve the result you think you are capable of
    If you refuse then that may create some bad feelings between you and the school/maths dept/teacher which can only be a disadvantage for you in the future

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone good luck for tomorrow and Friday! If you want ALL PAST PAPERS OF THIS SPECIFICATION then visit:

http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk

It has the March 2013, November 2012, June 2012 papers. It comes with the mark scheme. Sometimes the PDF document will fail to load and there isn't much you can do about that (unless you try saving it, which I haven't)!

(Original post by TomR10)
    For the area of a triangle what does ½ab sin(c) mean?

Don't understand what sin(c) is ? What do you do? I'm confused about this. Someone enlighten me ?
    Hey, I'll explain. The formula is used for non-right angled triangles, generally you use it alongside the sine or cosine rules.

a and b are lengths. c is the angle in between a and b. Say a=5 b =4 C=40
    You substitute the values into 0.5 x 5 x 4 x Sin(40) into the calculator for your answer. Generally it's in the calculator paper and to work out angle a or b you would be often required to work it out using sine, cosine or sohcahtoa.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.