Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chumaniward)
    How many marks was the prism question worth? (the pond one) I think I got it wrong as I put 105 minutes but I did show the working for the volume of the shape etc. Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I have already lost a maximum of 6marks (might gain some back for working out though ) and then whatever marks I lose from the prism question do you think this is good enough for an a* if I am consistent on the calculator
    Can you please post the link for the unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Im really worried about Friday, i really messed up the exam yesterday by making silly mistakes and not thinking about calculations properly, ive estimated ive gotten about 45-65 marks on the NON calculator paper i really want an A even though my target is an A* but i know that that is not possible now that i have messed it up:L so any advice or opinions on whether its possible for mt still get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanAubrey)
    Im really worried about Friday, i really messed up the exam yesterday by making silly mistakes and not thinking about calculations properly, ive estimated ive gotten about 45-65 marks on the NON calculator paper i really want an A even though my target is an A* but i know that that is not possible now that i have messed it up:L so any advice or opinions on whether its possible for mt still get an A overall?
    Get 80 on the calc

ReputationRep:
    Predicted stuff for Fridays exam been released yet?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I could get hold of some 2H calculator past papers? Link to a website? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charjb)
    Does anyone know where I could get hold of some 2H calculator past papers? Link to a website? Thanks

http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here is a link to my solutions

http://db.tt/DhVkwlxL

Here is a link to my revision list for the calculator paper

2H June 2013 revision list

Hope it is useful
    I got the exact same apart from the goat question i got 12000 as I rounded to 300 also on probability I got 63/360 and didn't simplify any further.
    Does anyone know the definite answer for the prism one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the triangle inside the square question I put

10x^2/2

think I'll still get a mark? D:

ReputationRep:
    For the prism pond one I got 240 minutes - I originally got 270 but it said how much more time, so I took 30 minutes off! I found that question to have a lot of steps to it and you had to be really careful with your calculations! Hope everyone found the exam ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Mel213)
    For the prism pond one I got 240 minutes - I originally got 270 but it said how much more time, so I took 30 minutes off! I found that question to have a lot of steps to it and you had to be really careful with your calculations! Hope everyone found the exam ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is 105 min

I missed out Q17 by accident when scanning, here is an update with q17

https://www.dropbox.com/home#!/home/GCSE/13%20June]Maths GCSE 1h Edexcel Summer 2013 Solutions[/url]

ReputationRep:
    the only question I found hard was the pond question, can anyone tell me how to work that one out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    it is 105 min
    How did you get 105 minutesbpleasencould you show me as I also got 240 minutes
    #confused

ReputationRep:
    ARSEY!
    when i click on it it comes a blank page..
    the other 1 worked tho...(

ReputationRep:
    and also for the stem and leaf diagram for the key i didnt write KG does that matter??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)

https://www.dropbox.com/home#!/home/GCSE/13%20June]Maths GCSE 1h Edexcel Summer 2013 Solutions[/url]
    the link doesn't work

http://db.tt/7OKU4bMA

sometimes the shortened URLs don't work on here.

You need to wait for it to download in your browser or download it.

ReputationRep:
    GR8 it works now

ReputationRep:
    Guys is question 22 correct seems a strange method??

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was q13??anyone??

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.