Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Reckon grade boundaries are going to be low, like they were for June 2012 ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did that June 2012 paper as a mock and I got 1 off an A. 128 for an A in June is not low, 120 for an A in November was low, I reckon it will be similar to November. I think that paper was way too easy for its grade boundaries in June, it was definitely easier than March 2013 but March had higher boundaries, the highest I have seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If grade boundaries are around 155-160 I can probably get in my A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmorga1)
    I didnt cancel any further than 63 over 360, will I lose any marks/how many?
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    pretty sure you would get full marks for the question according to mark schemes for past papers with similar questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by methius1)
    pretty sure you would get full marks for the question according to mark schemes for past papers with similar questions
    Thats a relief thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thats a relief thanks!
    Heyyy you defo wouldnt lose any marks because if probability you dont need to cancel. But what I dont understand is they didnt say he didnt put it back so i therefore assumed that it was over 10 for every stage and i got 200 and something over a 1000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandy123mandy123)
    Heyyy you defo wouldnt lose any marks because if probability you dont need to cancel. But what I dont understand is they didnt say he didnt put it back so i therefore assumed that it was over 10 for every stage and i got 200 and something over a 1000
    Ahh yeah easy mistake, I guess I just assumed he kept them each time. Unlucky

ReputationRep:
    Anybody made questions to practice for next exam?

ReputationRep:
    Looking back at Tuesday's paper I reckon I got roughly 45-50 marks. What would I roughly need on Friday's paper to get either a C or B overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. I think I got all the answers right! Hopefully working won't let me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CREIS)
    and also for the stem and leaf diagram for the key i didnt write KG does that matter??
    anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CREIS)
    how many marks was q13??anyone??
    HUH??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CREIS)
    anyone???
    I dont think so but then again it depends on the mark scheme the max you will lose is 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    heyyy guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be ??? im predicted an A* in maths and i need to get it. and according to the mark scheme i roughly got around 75 marks or more do you think i can still get an A* after the next paper ??? and what mark would i need to get to be secure ??? thankss

(Original post by omarzizo)
    Yeh Same! I'm eager to get an A* so I can do ADD Maths next year. (I'm currently in YR10)
    I'm in year 10 too, but I messed up a lot in the non-calc so I'm probably getting an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandy123mandy123)
    heyyy guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be ??? im predicted an A* in maths and i need to get it. and according to the mark scheme i roughly got around 75 marks or more do you think i can still get an A* after the next paper ??? and what mark would i need to get to be secure ??? thankss
    Not normally much more than 160/200 so 85 on calc defo a A* i think!

ReputationRep:
    thnx mandy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whooh1)
    Not normally much more than 160/200 so 85 on calc defo a A* i think!
    thanks alottt !!! I really hope i get it

ReputationRep:
    What do ou usually find harder? I got around 90 on this but the calc is normally harder for me

ReputationRep:
    if i give my self the lowest which is 78 what do i need for an A* in the calculator paper

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.