Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post a picture of the most beautiful country you've visited :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's probably already been a thread similar to this made before, but ah well!

I have just got back from Malawi, which I think is genuinely the most beautiful country I have visited so far!!

Name:  SAM_4747.jpg
Views: 1665
Size:  536.7 KB

So which countries have you visited where you thought 'wow, that's incredibly beautiful?'

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Two places, both look pretty similar. The first is in California, and I'm sure a few people will agree with me, it's Yosemite

Name:  Yosemite 2.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  268.1 KB

Secondly, it's a place that very few people go to, in BC in Canada. I only got to go there as I have relatives there. It's easy to access, just tiny, and there's nothing of "interest" there, so no other tourists were there. It's Slocan Valley.

Name:  ToSlocanCity08June102.JPG
Views: 1253
Size:  214.0 KB

Sorry they're not country's as a whole! Is places okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funtry)
    Two places, both look pretty similar. The first is in California, and I'm sure a few people will agree with me, it's Yosemite

Name:  Yosemite 2.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  268.1 KB

Secondly, it's a place that very few people go to, in BC in Canada. I only got to go there as I have relatives there. It's easy to access, just tiny, and there's nothing of "interest" there, so no other tourists were there. It's Slocan Valley.

Name:  ToSlocanCity08June102.JPG
Views: 1253
Size:  214.0 KB

Sorry they're not country's as a whole! Is places okay?
    Wow those places look beautiful! will have to definitely try to visit them at some point!

ReputationRep:
    2 personal favourites
    1st is when I went to Munich and cycled from Munich to a place called Garmisch Partenkirschen and ad you can imagine the scenery was sensational due to the close proximity if the alps. It hold something special to me this photo, in a small village about 3/4 of the way there. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1364585502.363821.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  85.7 KB
    (I'm in the photo though)

My second place is probably one of the most peaceful place I've ever visited. It's a small ski village in Switzerland called Grindenwald near Interlaken. As you can imagine with Switzerland it hold beauty and scenery unparalleled in Europe. My camera doesn't do it justice though.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1364585747.696838.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  101.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I don't have any pictures with me since my parents took my camera, but thats what google is for :P.

If I had to choose the most beautiful country as a whole, I would have to say South Africa.

As for the most beautiful place, it would definitely be Iguazu Falls on the border between Brazil and Argentina.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not as widely travelled as some, but this city won my heart.

Name:  venice.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  57.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    SO many to choose from, you can define beauty in so many different ways - i would struggle to pick a handful from any country i have been to...nevermind just one overall!

Anyway, these are from Ladakh in northernmost India:

Name:  P1000548.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  553.6 KB Name:  P1000620.JPG
Views: 812
Size:  301.1 KB Name:  P1000664.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  307.7 KB Name:  P1000771.JPG
Views: 675
Size:  289.3 KB Name:  P1000841.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  241.1 KB

Pretty hard to take a bad photo up there, scenery aside, the air is so clear and the colours so vibrant when the sun is out

ReputationRep:
    i've been to quite a few countries, and Scotland on a sunny day is really beautiful. I love this place: Name:  luskentyre.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  357.3 KB

nothing better than sitting reading a book on the beach on a summers night. So peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  venice-alley.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  164.6 KB
    Name:  Trentino-Lake-Gard_2163169b.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  92.4 KB

Italy!!! Not as exotic as some of the places posted on here, but gosh Lake Garda and Venice are amazing!

Name:  visby.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  10.1 KB

Visby in Sweden is also exceptionally beautiful. It was such an idyllic little place.

Name:  austria.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  36.3 KB

And Zell Am See in Austria was very pretty.

Actually though I think few places can rival areas of the Peak District for beauty. Even though I've been 100's of times, it never gets any less beautiful

ReputationRep:
    The greatest city in the world (in my opinion, anyway). The view across the Bosphorus at night is magnificent.

Name:  istanbul.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  47.8 KB

But the view from Delphi is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's even better at twilight. Pictures cannot capture how breathtaking it is.

Name:  Delphi.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  499.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    So far Italy. Went Venice early this month. Loved it, so clean and the culture is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ratti_gali_lake.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  277.7 KB
    This is in Pakistan, Ratti Gali Lake in Azaad Kashmir.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  10.4 KB
    Shakar Pariyan, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Name:  images (7).jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  8.5 KB
    Saif-ul-Malook Lake, Pakistan.

Edit: Negative rating for posting the picture of the most beautiful country I've visited??? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    This is the view from where I'm living at the moment.

Name:  cham.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  53.1 KB

Also one of my best photos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)

I really need to visit the Middle East at some point in my life, it's a gold mine for sights like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willbean)
    I really need to visit the Middle East at some point in my life, it's a gold mine for sights like this.
    Yeah, I've been to these places when I went to Pakistan, it is amazing!
    It's sad because of lack of security, not many tourist visit such beautiful places of Pakistan.
    I thought Pakistan is in South Asia, isn't it?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Zante in Greece
    I visited a town there called tsilivi, it was amazing, I'd definitely recommend going there (this town wasn't a 'party place' like many people think Zante is)

If anyone goes there I would definitely recommend going in the all day boat tour around the island, it was amazing and there were many swimming stops in the clear blue water :dream:

Posted from the TSR app on iPhone 5
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)

Wow those images are breath taking. Pakistan is a stunning country the scenery leaves you in awe. Your right about the security it ruins the atmosphere, but it's still worth visiting if you get the chance.

ReputationRep:
    picture doesn't do it justice, but i always remember this as the most beautiful view i've ever seen! - prize for guessing where it is!

Attached Images

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.