Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Post a picture of the most beautiful country you've visited :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    Attachment 205787
    This is in Pakistan, Ratti Gali Lake in Azaad Kashmir.

Attachment 205789
    Shakar Pariyan, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Attachment 205791
    Saif-ul-Malook Lake, Pakistan.
    amazing... i'd love to go to pakistan, though doubt i ever will...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enigma55)
    Wow those images are breath taking. Pakistan is a stunning country the scenery leaves you in awe. Your right about the security it ruins the atmosphere, but it's still worth visiting if you get the chance.
    Yeah I know, I'm from Pakistan so whenever I go there to visit family and friends, we visit various places in Pakistan, so I know the famous places. Especially, Azaad Kashmir, Islamabad and Lahore certainly worth visting. Lahore is a historical city of Pakistan.

Name:  badshahi.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  5.7 KB This is Badshahi Mousque in Loahore, Pakistan.

Name:  lahore fort.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  9.3 KB

Again in Lahore, Pakistan.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  6.5 KBName:  faisal mosque.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  8.8 KB Both of the pictures are of Faisal Mosque, Islamabad.

They are stunning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleurie)
    amazing... i'd love to go to pakistan, though doubt i ever will...
    haha, why not? Ohh, cos of security issues?? It's not even that bad. I mean, when I go to Pakistan, I see many visitors out there.

ReputationRep:
    Annecy, France.

Swam in that lake. Was so awesome. Not my pics btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Annecy, France.

Swam in that lake. Was so awesome. Not my pics btw.
    Wow! that's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I have been to plenty of beautiful places so it's hard to choose, Lake Bled in Slovenia is stunning (I had my wedding booked there) and I've attached some pictures of Bridgton, ME. I took these pictures in my Aunt and Uncle's backyard.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 241
Size:  10.9 KB
    This is Noor Mahal, Bhawalpur, Pakistan. It's so nice!

Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 247
Size:  8.6 KB
    Name:  images (3).jpg
Views: 257
Size:  12.1 KB
    These are the pictures of Katasraj Temple in Pakistan.

Name:  64909529.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  37.9 KB This is Kunhar River in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    haha, why not? Ohh, cos of security issues?? It's not even that bad. I mean, when I go to Pakistan, I see many visitors out there.
    yeah, i guess, i don't know how safe it'd be. i wouldn't feel comfortable going without a man (even if that sounds stupid) and i don't know how many other people would be up for going to pakistan.

would also love to visit afghanistan, which is 100% impossible!

ReputationRep:
    I would upload pictures I took when I was in Austria, Mayrhofen for snow-boarding. Some real beautiful images of the surrounding mountains.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i guess, i don't know how safe it'd be. i wouldn't feel comfortable going without a man (even if that sounds stupid) and i don't know how many other people would be up for going to pakistan.

would also love to visit afghanistan, which is 100% impossible!
    Hmm, yeah I know. But it is safer than how it sounds like. I mean, I go to Pakistan quite often but then it's my country so I do feel comfortable there. But I can assure you on one thing, you would love it when you'll go to Pakistan(if you do go). Pakistani people are so welcoming and friendly.

OMG! I always wanted to go Afghanistan. I really wanna see it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Taiwan. So many different environments in such a little country. The photo with the rainbow is probably my favourite photo I've ever taken
    Name:  DSC_0191.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  505.8 KB Name:  z.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  80.2 KB Name:  y.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  178.6 KB Name:  x.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  198.1 KB Name:  IMG_4813.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  558.4 KB Name:  IMG_4207.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  509.5 KB

(One picture would not suffice!)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, yeah I know. But it is safer than how it sounds like. I mean, I go to Pakistan quite often but then it's my country so I do feel comfortable there. But I can assure you on one thing, you would love it when you'll go to Pakistan(if you do go). Pakistani people are so welcoming and friendly.

OMG! I always wanted to go Afghanistan. I really wanna see it.
    i have blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin that refuses to recognise the fact that there is actually a sun in the sky, i would stick out like a sore thumb
    experienced this many times when travelling to places that rarely have tourists. while the majority of people are lovely, if you stand out, especially as a "westerner", there are some people who are a bit dodgy. DEF doesn't put me of travelling at all, but it does make me a bit wary. i think i will make it to pakistan one day though, it can be on my bucket list

ReputationRep:
    that refuses to recognise the fact that there is actually a sun in the sky, i would stick out like a sore thumb
    experienced this many times when travelling to places that rarely have tourists. while the majority of people are lovely, if you stand out, especially as a "westerner", there are some people who are a bit dodgy. DEF doesn't put me of travelling at all, but it does make me a bit wary. i think i will make it to pakistan one day though, it can be on my bucket list
    Believe me, Pakistani people will stare at you but not cos they are racist but because it's hard to find white people there. When they see westerners, they get so happy, some might just be a little bit awkward in a rude way. But the majority would be so welcoming. I'm not saying this because I'm a Pakistani myself, it's just a fact.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Pakistan, whenever you go there. I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, I'm from Pakistan so whenever I go there to visit family and friends, we visit various places in Pakistan, so I know the famous places. Especially, Azaad Kashmir, Islamabad and Lahore certainly worth visting. Lahore is a historical city of Pakistan.

Name:  badshahi.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  5.7 KB This is Badshahi Mousque in Loahore, Pakistan.

Name:  lahore fort.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  9.3 KB

Again in Lahore, Pakistan.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  6.5 KBName:  faisal mosque.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  8.8 KB Both of the pictures are of Faisal Mosque, Islamabad.

They are stunning!

Islamabad is lovely I've been to the Faisal mosque which was lovely and shakar puriyan. The mountains are spectacular. We also ate in a restaurant in the middle of the mountains which was awesome, forgot the name though. We were greeted by quite a few monkeys on our walk up to the restaurant lol.

I wish I could have visited Kashmir and other picturesque places but the security situation there is so bad we didn't dare risk it.

ReputationRep:
    Islamabad is lovely I've been to the Faisal mosque which was lovely and shakar puriyan. The mountains are spectacular. We also ate in a restaurant in the middle of the mountains which was awesome, forgot the name though. We were greeted by quite a few monkeys on our walk up to the restaurant lol.

I wish I could have visited Kashmir and other picturesque places but the security situation there is so bad we didn't dare risk it.
    Wow! That's so cool! I've been to Shakar puriyaan too. It's nice isn't it? My relatives there and we went with them. It was so fune and faisal mosque is so nice too. Have you not been to Lahore? I love Lahore!....Are you Pakistani or did you went there to visit?

Azaad Kashmir is a real beauty!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That's so cool! I've been to Shakar puriyaan too. It's nice isn't it? My relatives there and we went with them. It was so fune and faisal mosque is so nice too. Have you not been to Lahore? I love Lahore!....Are you Pakistani or did you went there to visit?

Azaad Kashmir is a real beauty!
    No never been to Lahore, been to Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi and Quetta we wanted to go to Lahore but it was boiling hot and we couldn't stand the heat in Karachi and apparently Lahore is even hotter.

No I'm not Pakistani but my husband is, so I was lucky we went travelling together. I can sympathise with fleurie and being worried about sticking out like a sore thumb but luckily most people were just intrigued and really friendly, nobody was weird around me. I got a lot of weird looks for not wearing a shalwar kameez though, so even though I didn't want to wear it I did just to blend in. I noticed even the western travellers wore it and it was the best way to not receive unnecessary attention.

Yes I've seen pictures of Kashmir absolutely stunning.

ReputationRep:
    No never been to Lahore, been to Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi and Quetta we wanted to go to Lahore but it was boiling hot and we couldn't stand the heat in Karachi and apparently Lahore is even hotter.

No I'm not Pakistani but my husband is, so I was lucky we went travelling together. I can sympathise with fleurie and being worried about sticking out like a sore thumb but luckily most people were just intrigued and really friendly, nobody was weird around me. I got a lot of weird looks for not wearing a shalwar kameez though, so even though I didn't want to wear it I did just to blend in. I noticed even the western travellers wore it and it was the best way to not receive unnecessary attention.

Yes I've seen pictures of Kashmir absolutely stunning.
    Haha. wow! You've also visited Quetta? Did you like Karachi? I think it's just cos you were not Pakistani, not cos you were not wearing shalwar kameez as many pakistani girls there wear westner clothes.

Haha, so how did you find Pakistan then?

ReputationRep:

^Picture isn't me, its a google search of Snowdonia.

Personally, I think the UK has some good scenery. I mean most countries that I've been to are pretty in its buildings and cultural sense. I've been to East Asia, Western Europe and Canada. But natural scenery wise, I haven't seen anything quite like driving along coast lines of North Wales and through the Pennines via the Snake Pass. The mountains are just breath taking, and those matter more than fancy buildings in my opinion. Would love to visit the Scandinavia and Canada/Alaska for its forests and mountains, and Japan for its cherry blossoms.

But yeah, the most beautiful country that I've visited in my own country so far. Partly because when I normally visit foreign countries, I'm in the cities and don't get a chance to see the rural areas.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. wow! You've also visited Quetta? Did you like Karachi? I think it's just cos you were not Pakistani, not cos you were not wearing shalwar kameez as many pakistani girls there wear westner clothes.

Haha, so how did you find Pakistan then?
    Yeah Quetta was beautiful but very unsafe. Karachi was my least favourite place it was so busy and dusty, but I was happy they had pizza hut and nandos (the food was way too spicy for me) I really liked Islamabad it was so green and I had so much fun seeing all the wildlife and animals in the mountains.

I really enjoyed my trip and hope to visit again when the situation is better in places like Kashmir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    Taiwan. So many different environments in such a little country. The photo with the rainbow is probably my favourite photo I've ever taken
    Name:  DSC_0191.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  505.8 KB Name:  z.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  80.2 KB Name:  y.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  178.6 KB Name:  x.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  198.1 KB Name:  IMG_4813.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  558.4 KB Name:  IMG_4207.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  509.5 KB

(One picture would not suffice!)

Beautiful! I'd love to visit one day.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.