Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth it? It seems to be an experiment to me...I'm more than prepared to pay for it and can...but is is better than an LSE conditional and an Exeter unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Note- I lost the Warwick offer and I'm looking into this option as I'm worried I might loose the LSE offer too.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Dear Vegan Cannibal,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost an offer to Warwick and that you are concerned about losing your offer to LSE. That must be a worrying and stressful time for you. I hope you get some helpful answers from other TSR members.

Which subjects are you invested in studying? We offer degrees in Economics, English, History, Law, Philosophy, and Politics & international Relations. You can apply to us directly, we are independent from UCAS, and if we offer you a place to study at NCH, you can hold your offer with us in addition to the two you hold through UCAS.

At NCH we offer a broader liberal arts curriculum meaning you study 19 modules instead of the standard 12-module degree. These are comprised of: your 12 module University of London undergraduate degree, plus four modules from your chosen contextual subject (this is one of the other degree subjects or Art History or Classical Studies), plus three core modules which are Applied Ethics, Logic & Critical Thinking, and Science Literacy. You also study our unique professional development programme throughout your three years at the College.

Teaching at NCH is in smaller groups than you will find at many universities; our lectures typically have about 35 students in them, you will have weekly one-to-one tutorials, and weekly small group tutorials (three to four students), all with qualified academics who are passionate about teaching as well as research. You will also have the opportunity to attend over 100 lectures each year delivered by our professoriate which includes Professors Sir David Cannadine, Sir Partha Dasgupta, Richard Dawkins, Rebecca Goldstein, Lawrence Krauss, Sir Christopher Ricks and Barbara McDonald to name but a few.

If that sounds interesting to you, please do call us on 020 7637 4550 and ask to speak to an admissions adviser or email [email protected] so that we can chat and you can find out more. You would be very welcome to come to an open day where you would meet the academics who will be teaching you and some of our current students and ask all the questions you have to inform your decision as to whether it is the right choice for you.

I hope that is helpful and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Elizabeth

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.