Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

choosing between 2 internships Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

I hope this thread is in the correct topic.

I have applied for internships and after interviewing me I've got 2 offers from 2 companies... But I cannot decide...

The first company interviewed me in 2 stages. Each interview lasted for 1 hour and 2 examiners were participating. They have asked me basic questions and in the second more advanced. I did well in both and they made me an offer.

The second company interviewed me for 15minutes and they didn't ask anything really. Just to clarify the things I wrote in my CV, and what money I wanted.

Now the weird thing.

The first company offers me 8% less money/month than the second one.
    The second company though didn't pay much attention on me comparing to the first one, but they offered me the salary I told them that I was expecting :rolleyes:.

The first company, I think, is most "popular" and they have warned me about tight deadlines. However in the second one I don't know really what to expect (I know the content but not the way things are done there).

I dont pay much attention to the salary because it is an internship and I want to learn something.. But these 2 situations have many contradictions and I cannot decide..

Happened that to anyone?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, just give the names :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why is that needed ?

ReputationRep:
    What are the internships about? Do some more research about the company and the things that you will be taking part in as part of the job. Whichever gives you the most experience/knowledge/skills is probably the best option to go with.

ReputationRep:
    From the impression I have the first one looks more serious and the interviewers were thinking in which part of their team I would fit better.

I am closer to the first one because I appreciate also their interest and time that have spent, in order to learn about my pre-knowledge.

I think in the second one everybody with a similar degree could get that job. Maybe I just fitted very well to their schedule

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming the roles are similar, so it comes down to which company you think you'd enjoy working at the most, and which you think you'd want to work for in the future. If you were offered the internships, you should have a good idea of what is expected of you. It sounds like you're leaning toward the first one, though.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.