Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling on all the meteorologists: When will it finally get warmer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This global warming really freezes my nuts off!
    Anyone has a clear idea of a date or day that I can expect a final double digit or better yet a 15+ temperature?

ReputationRep:
    the warming is happening now, our planet is really screwed and nobody can deny that and it's due to human activities such as burning fossil fuels.

OP: do you want the weather to increase significantly warmer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulo')
    the warming is happening now, our planet is really screwed and nobody can deny that and it's due to human activities such as burning fossil fuels.

OP: do you want the weather to increase significantly warmer?
    I am burning fuel right now, it doesn't help

ReputationRep:
    this aint no warming. i think we're going into an ice age, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupiditasMetam)
    I am burning fuel right now, it doesn't help

So you are burning gases that are bad for the environment and lead to the collapse of the ice shelves, everybody has a carbon footprint, difference is some do care but sadly most don't give a ****e

ReputationRep:
    So you are burning gases that are bad for the environment and lead to the collapse of the ice shelves, everybody has a carbon footprint, difference is some do care but sadly most don't give a ****e
    Yes I'm burning gasses out of my butthole, into this hoax business of global warming. I am so evil, frankenstein got nothing on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupiditasMetam)
    Yes I'm burning gasses out of my butthole, into this hoax business of global warming. I am so evil, frankenstein got nothing on me.

global warming isn't a hoax, it's people like you in denial that cause it more so

ReputationRep:
    April 15th, the day most children return to school after the Easter break.

ReputationRep:
    OP, the Earth has warmed. However, the human body temperature has increased (evolved to deal with global warming), so it still feels cold even in the spring - because feeling cold is your body temperature compared to the outside temperature!

As for the 'snow' that keeps appearing in UK - it's not snow, but the white ash from Southern Europe, that has been scorched by the mighty heat already. You see, Italy is highly flammable, and the winds have swept the remains up here.

ReputationRep:
    global warming isn't a hoax, it's people like you in denial that cause it more so
    Yes! Global warming is a serious issue!

-"Typed from the user's freezer, as it's too cold outside of it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    OP, the Earth has warmed. However, the human body temperature has increased (evolved to deal with global warming), so it still feels cold even in the spring - because feeling cold is your body temperature compared to the outside temperature!

As for the 'snow' that keeps appearing in UK - it's not snow, but the white ash from Southern Europe, that has been scorched by the mighty heat already. You see, Italy is highly flammable, and the winds have swept the remains up here.

I must be the human torch then. This is one of those times where I wished I was actually ill with a high temperature.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a freaking joke? It's actually snowing in London

ReputationRep:
    -2 is freezing for you? In my home country our usual winters are -24 And you still have to go to uni in that cold Or summers with at least +24 or +27 and after that you get lots of nasty thunders

ReputationRep:
    Well, many of you may not know this but the Baltic sea used to be frozen during the winter season few centuries ago, i.e. during the Northern Wars & William Shakespeare's "Hamlet".

Armies could potentially walk from Stockholm to St Petersburg, or even to Poland. With the industrial revolution and technological advancement contributing, inter alia, to the change in the climate Finnish War did not end with a total annihilation of Sweden as naval facilities were now necessary to safely cross Baltic due to the climate change that occurred.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.