Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wanted to know how much we are supposed to be writing for one of these essays, they give 7 pages to write, however I struggle to write around 2 pages with 5-6 points...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Booyah)
    Hey, just wanted to know how much we are supposed to be writing for one of these essays, they give 7 pages to write, however I struggle to write around 2 pages with 5-6 points...
    It doesn't really matter how many pages you write, but the content and depth of the topic you're writing on. If you can describe all the relevant points in sufficient detail on a single page then you'll get very high marks, as opposed to people who write pages of irrelevant points. I guess a couple of pages would suffice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    It doesn't really matter how many pages you write, but the content and depth of the topic you're writing on. If you can describe all the relevant points in sufficient detail on a single page then you'll get very high marks, as opposed to people who write pages of irrelevant points. I guess a couple of pages would suffice.
    Ah right, thanks

Was looking at the space given and I saw they gave around 5-6 pages...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Booyah)
    Ah right, thanks

Was looking at the space given and I saw they gave around 5-6 pages...
    Yeah, the exam board don't expect you to write 6 pages worth in the space of 30 minutes or so. It's just for those exam lovers who like to intimidate people sitting around them in the exam by asking for extra pages to write on, then handing in 8 pages worth of useless and irrelevant content. You can easily discuss all relevant points in at most a couple of pages
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    All the concepts can be highlighted either as separate points or as a continuous flow. You can add a few diagrams to boost your writing. A couple of pages would suffice I think.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.