Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I keep getting panic attacks when i try to revise and i just cannot focus at all. I came home as soon as term ended as im less stressed, sleep better and eat better than i do at uni.
    I've got about 60 hours of lecture audio recordings, as well as past papers, lecture notes and textbooks.
    My first exam is in the first week of May and i'm already panicking as i've got 6 exams. How would i make a plan of some sort to revise and not panic?
    If i fail then i get kicked out of Uni.

HELP??

bump

ReputationRep:
    Where do you revise? Perhaps an environment change would help. Go somewhere quiet, with few distractions, like the uni library perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, come to terms with the idea that you can get a lot done in the last 4 or so weeks left before your exam.
    Afterwards, write up a revision table - allowing plenty of short breaks and time to take for yourself.
    You'll do fine if you stick to it. Don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    A well planned timetable which includes eating regularly and exercise as well as your work is what you need. Trust me I know from experience

ReputationRep:
    Planning is key - don't just revise in-between doing other things - have strict planned work and break sessions. Make sure you allow yourself time for breaks, work and other things. Have complete days off and have fun - you can't just sit in a room for the next month and having time off gives you perspective to absorb and relax. If you're having panic attacks you need to start working in another way, and it sounds like you're just letting things get on top of you and not working in a systematic way. It will help if you plan. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I keep getting panic attacks when i try to revise and i just cannot focus at all. I came home as soon as term ended as im less stressed, sleep better and eat better than i do at uni.
    I've got about 60 hours of lecture audio recordings, as well as past papers, lecture notes and textbooks.
    My first exam is in the first week of May and i'm already panicking as i've got 6 exams. How would i make a plan of some sort to revise and not panic?
    If i fail then i get kicked out of Uni.

HELP??
    First of all no one gets kicked from uni for failing an exam. You have the option of a retake which is capped at 40% or failing that, you can retake the module the following year for an overall module cap of 40%.

You need to plan your revision so make a timetable which also includes revision 2 days before a particular exam in that subject so your on top

Also you gotta relax. 24hr revision will send you mad so take regular breaks and every so often just chill out. Go for a drink with freinds or something. Just dont put yourself under lock and key as ul make yourself worse

How do i go about making a plan? I've no idea where to start.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.