Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my second year at University, and to be honest I have completely failed at it. I had a lot of problems go on with my family and worked most of the time, by taking over-time from my part time job, to give enough money to my mother for us to be able to live. I turn, I have 0's through out the whole of my course and there is no way that I can catch up with all the work and still be able to pass at this rate.

I want to re attend university next year on a different course, but I am unsure on whether they will even let me do this. I have emailed the student advice at my university, and am awaiting their message back.

I am asking you what yous think will happen. Do you think that I will be able to get back into university if I made a meeting with e course leaders and explained my predicament and what I want to do in the future?

ReputationRep:
    maybe if you are doing 0 in you're university then you should go to full time job? is maybe more good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are now firmly on top of whatever problems held you back before, they will be quite justified in saying No.

One option to think about. Open University is vastly easier to combine with job/commitments than a conventional Uni. Even if you you just do a few Units with them, this could help you get back into a Uni later once your life has calmed down.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.