Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm doing my second year of uni and just got offered a year in industry placement starting this summer in London. It's a place near Park Royal station, postcode NW10. I'm not a huge fan of London and I'm a little bit worried about moving there by myself (although I want a house with other people, who knows what type of people they will turn out to be though...), so I need a bit of advice from people who know the area as to where to live.

    I will be starting at 8am most days and I'm not a morning person so somewhere closeish would be nice. I would like to live in an area I feel safe in, from burgularies and from the locals. I.e. I don't want to worry about unwanted attention on my way home from work or an evening out. I would also like to live with younger people so 20-30 years. Would like about £500 pm.

    Any ideas about what sort of areas I should be looking for to fit these criteria?



students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.