Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I have a 'tummy fold'. Surgery only way to get rid? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Tummy-Tuck_procedure-line-art.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  17.6 KB

Like the left one. I am overweight now, but I have been of normal weight in the past, but it's ALWAYS been there and it's so annoying If I look in the mirror and stretch it out so it looks like it's not there, it just looks so much better.

Is this is the sort of thing you can't exercise away? Tummy tuck op only?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible that you have loose skin but to be honest, I doubt it unless there has been a good reason for that (e.g. dramatic weight loss or gain in a short period of time).

Even if you were a healthy weight before, it is still possible that you just had a bit of a belly. If you are skinny, as in not much muscle, then you have to get pretty damn lean before your stomach doesn't have a slightly loose appearance.

Just try and gradually lose some weight and also do some form of training that will lead to muscle growth and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    It is possible that you have loose skin but to be honest, I doubt it unless there has been a good reason for that (e.g. dramatic weight loss or gain in a short period of time).

Even if you were a healthy weight before, it is still possible that you just had a bit of a belly. If you are skinny, as in not much muscle, then you have to get pretty damn lean before your stomach doesn't have a slightly loose appearance.

Just try and gradually lose some weight and also do some form of training that will lead to muscle growth and see what happens.
    Yeah I've yo-yoed a lot. I was very big until I lost a lot of weight and became relatively slim. Thought the fold would go with it but it was just there, so I looked slim but still not bikini worthy due to the saggy fold.

So if I try and do exercises that will tone my stomach it may improve the appearance is what you're saying? I'm not necessarily bothered about my stomach being toned, but if toning it will hide the fold more that is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I was overweight before and decided to get in shape, I did pretty well and am a pretty healthy weight now and I look a lot better. The thing I have is that there's like a sort of 90 degree angle from where my belly ends, I can post pics if you want (I'm a guy though)

I've been told to just keep working at overall fat loss and see if that helps, I've also been told that it's down to genetics :l

Spot reduction doesn't work so don't bother with that, just start doing cardio and see if that helps.

EDIT: Not 90 degrees it's more 140 degrees

ReputationRep:
    You say you're overweight now, so there is a chance that the "fold" could benefit from some slow and steady fat loss; doing plenty of weight training exercises to help build a little muscle.

This should improve the look of it, however you may still be able to notice it at the end.. but you'll never know unless you try.

You mention tummy tucks.. they will only do them if you're a healthy, steady weight (as it would be a waste of their money if you just gained the weight again)- on the NHS anyway. They will also only do it if it's causing a severe psychological effect, or risks infection under the fold. If it is visible as you say, then chance are the infection route could be the road to go down. I'm not sure about the rules of going private, but it will cost you thousands. So losing weight will be of help either way.

ReputationRep:
    The NHS won't operate based on a risk of infection. They'll only operate when you've got an infection.

If you can "stretch" it off then you'll probably lose it when some fat goes and muscle comes.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't saying I wanted it over the NHS, I was never under the impression I could get it on the NHS. I meant privately. I don't know if I'm bothered enough about it to spend thousands. Will try to tone up first and see what happens to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Name:  Tummy-Tuck_procedure-line-art.jpg

Like the left one. I am overweight now, but I have been of normal weight in the past, but it's ALWAYS been there and it's so annoying If I look in the mirror and stretch it out so it looks like it's not there, it just looks so much better.

Is this is the sort of thing you can't exercise away? Tummy tuck op only?
    At your age, exercise can solve everything.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Airfairy;41996530]Name:  Tummy-Tuck_procedure-line-art.jpg

Is this is the sort of thing you can't exercise away? Tummy tuck op only?[/QaUOTE]

Hello,
    This tummy fold also can be do vanish by doing regular yoga and stretching exercise...

ReputationRep:
    It's just excess fat, lose the fat and you'll lose the fold. Maybe do some weight lifting as well.

ReputationRep:
    I would also suggest a "stomach vacuum" exercise.
    Beside that, it is down to eating clean, cardio + weights and losing the bodyfat instead of kilograms)))

ReputationRep:
    I have a small fld like that after a c-section. It used to be bigger - a c-section and about 50+lbs weight loss in 8 months.

I have started focusing more on body weight exercises and such as opposed to a lot of cardio and I have noticed that it is shrinking. The sides at my hips go straight up and down anymore, but I still have that right along my scar line - whether mines will fade as it is caused by surgery I am unsure, but the stuff that wasn#t surgery caused definitely went away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.