ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I'm Henry.

A level student and I'm doing history, politics, sociology and philosophy. I really want to make friends on TSR! I want to go to university where there is a lot of European international students: is this true that the majority of them go to Scotland ?

Is there anything I should know to get me started making friends here ? Do you have any jokes or traditions ?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

I'd suggest taking a look at the TSR Welcome Pack and FAQs (see the links in my signature), as well as the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum, to help to get you started.

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Henry

ReputationRep:
    I'm new too and I also study Sociology at A-Level. Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello Henry the Nazi.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! It's true that a lot of people choose Scotland over England but I think that's mostly because of the lower tuition fees. Don't worry about making friends (I shouldn't be saying that, I was virtually panicking the week before I came to my uni...), most universities have a Freshers Week with various events specifically so that you can meet people. Honestly the hard thing will be to remember everyone's name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiaFlame)
    Hey there! It's true that a lot of people choose Scotland over England but I think that's mostly because of the lower tuition fees. Don't worry about making friends (I shouldn't be saying that, I was virtually panicking the week before I came to my uni...), most universities have a Freshers Week with various events specifically so that you can meet people. Honestly the hard thing will be to remember everyone's name.
    That's very true I imagine, unless you're named Hermann Göring on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Henry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermann Göring)
    Hi! So I'm Henry.

A level student and I'm doing history, politics, sociology and philosophy. I really want to make friends on TSR! I want to go to university where there is a lot of European international students: is this true that the majority of them go to Scotland ?

Is there anything I should know to get me started making friends here ? Do you have any jokes or traditions ?:confused:
    Why is your username a nazi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    :security:

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I'm Henry.

Come to think of it, we do have a tradition - Newbies are burnt on the stake, in the middle of TSRs public square.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hostile*****)
    :security:
    problem with me asking why? I would do the same if someone had the username Adolf Hitler, Himmler,etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Henry welcome to TSR :-)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    This.

Henry, why is your username Hermann Göring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    This.

Henry, why is your username Hermann Göring?
    Hi I'm a big fan of Göring he is one of my favourite characters from modern history

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I'm Henry.

i'd advise changing your username- it's offensive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.