The Student Room Group

What's your favourite Alton Towers thrill ride?

Poll

What's your favourite Alton Towers thrill ride?

Mine's Oblivion! If only it could last a bit longer...!

Scroll to see replies

Thirteen or Air.
Agree with Oblivion :biggrin: Although the others are great, Oblivion's definitely the best overall. Never been onRita though and always wanted to go on it
Reply 3
Air - i've always wanted to fly :colone:
Air. Its such a novel idea. Kudos Alton Towers.
Air and Oblivion.

For oblivion I held my camera out before we ascended upwards (before the drop) and boyyy, I had to trust my instincts and just tuck the camera in my pocket, I had a funny feeling I wouldn't be able to hold on to it once we descended down!

[video="youtube;omzWLWt9VbI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omzWLWt9VbI[/video]

1:06 is probably the scariest part.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Oblivion is the only ride where I still get that 'semi-**** myself' feeling before - and so is therefore my favourite.
Reply 7
Original post by Linnerzx
Mine's Oblivion! If only it could last a bit longer...!

You could always double the drop height!! :w00t:
Reply 8
Haven't been on thirteen, rita's only really fun at the start, same with oblivion. Air is a bit of a novelty, but still kinda cool. Nemesis is my favourite over all, simply because when I first went to Alton Towers (think I was 9 or 10) and I was too short to go on, but then I went back there about a decade later and I was all grown up and went on it like all the other big kids :smile:

Longest wait ever to get on that ride...worth it...
Reply 9
Air definitely, it's so awesome! Then Rita, then Nemesis :biggrin:
Reply 10
Definitely nemesis. Oblivion is really good and you can get onto it so many times but it's so short :frown: Rita is good but again that is over really quick and has ridiculous queues. Air is good, but not the best... its more relaxing than anything. Th13teen is just........a disappointment. Fun though!
Reply 11
Nemesis. Being a roller coaster enthusiast myself, I appreciate that there is nothing else quite like it in this country, or indeed the world. The force the ride inflicts on the body is unbelievable!

Will be interesting to see how 'The Smiler' goes down once it opens at some point next month. it will be pretty intense breaking the world record for the most inversion (upside down bits) on any roller coaster in the world. But I can't see it being any more intense though than Nemesis- best attraction ever created.
Reply 12
First = Nemesis. Old skool but the most fun by far.

Second = Oblivion

Third = Rita

Fourth = Air

Haven't tried thirteen so can't comment.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Oblivion was horrifying, i ran out of scream half way down and had to start again. Never again!

nemesis and air were amazing.

I really liked the suprise of th13teen

Rita was ok

we went on the weekend before scarefest for my 18th, it was so empty and our longest waiting time was 20 minutes (and that only once or twice), we did each ride like 6 times :biggrin: best eighteenth ever.
Reply 14
Original post by AdzAb95
Nemesis. Being a roller coaster enthusiast myself, I appreciate that there is nothing else quite like it in this country, or indeed the world. The force the ride inflicts on the body is unbelievable!

Will be interesting to see how 'The Smiler' goes down once it opens at some point next month. it will be pretty intense breaking the world record for the most inversion (upside down bits) on any roller coaster in the world. But I can't see it being any more intense though than Nemesis- best attraction ever created.

Try busch gardens tampa bay :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by AdzAb95

Really really looking forward to the Smiler! I think it looks awesome!
I like nemesis the best, but I miss corkscrew, I am not a big fan of invert rollercoasters but nemesis is good. However too fast at some points. I mean they made theme really good and yet when on it you can't seem to see/ enjoy it for long. Anyone wanna come with so I can win a bet for £30. I need to be filmed on oblivion so I gets 30 from a mate when we last went and I pussied out!
Reply 17
So is Alton Towers really as good as everyone says? I might be going with a few friends the week after exams.

I will be driving all the way from the Highlands though!
Reply 18
Original post by Daniel_R
Try busch gardens tampa bay :smile:

Oh yes! I have been and tried out their 'Montu' coaster. I thought it was fab and loved the speed throughout. But there is something about Nemesis no other ride can replicate. The intensity is something I have never experienced before and the fact that it's British is also quite charming!
Reply 19
if only they made that stretch on rita longer!

Quick Reply

Latest