Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    In was just wondering how many people get offers for nursing with a HNC in health care. I don't think I am going to do very well in my highers so I was just wondering whether I should resist them or do an HNC

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    I am currently finishing off my HND and last year a couple of girls in my class when
    we were doing the HNC applied for nursing at Queens University NI but they
    didn't get offered a place but another girl got offered a place for social work
    in University of Ulster.

I think the HND or HNC is very beneficial if you have never done any health
    related studies, as i am wanting to do nursing this year, but i know, if i
    didn't go from doing a levels into a health course, i would not have a clue
    what to write in my personal statement or what to say in the interview. This is
    because when i was doing my alevels i didn't do a health course e.g. health and
    social care, i picked science instead, and going into my interview back then,
    it was the worse experience in my life because i didn't have a clue. So i think
    HNC/HND are good, but depending on where you go to study it, there is ALOT of
    work involved! im on the edexcel health and social care HND and my life is just
    assignment after assignment. At the minute, we have 6 weeks left to finish the
    course, with still 10 assignments (essays) to hand in, and thats with me
    keeping up to date with my work throughout the year with no late submissions so
    it can be stressful!

So if you have a health course and know alot about health and social care, i
    would not waste the money of paying for this course if you are already aware of
    issues that come about in the industry, i would advise you to resit your
    qualifications.

I applied to University of Ulster this year for adult nursing and got
    unsuccessful, however I got onto the reserve list, so clearly this course has
    helped me in a way as last time i applied i got a straight unsuccessful!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    On my course around 10 girls joined in 2nd year that had completed their HNC and im sure there was more that started in firs year that had completed a HNC

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would be seen as a lesser qualification if you didn't get the highers you need

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.