Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today I've decided that I'm going to start riding a moped and have spent the last few hours checking them out online, learning whet I need to know and looking at the different models/prices. To me they seem really fun, a lot more economical than actual driving and more convenient too. I hold a full driving licence and passed my test three weeks ago. A few questions -

1. For those who ride or have ever ridden a moped, what is it like? Is it easy to get used to if you've driven a car or did you find it difficult? What's it like driving them on the roads and are you free to ride them in all the same places that you can drive a car?

2. For an average 250cc model, what would be the 0 - 60 speed? I've tried looking for this information but can't find anything and I'd be interested to know.

Any replies would be appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    They're dangerous too, NEVER forget that.

What's it like? Bloody fun.
    It's a moped, not a car, so obviously you'll need to learn how to ride.....

I've decided I'm not going to continue responding, you seem like a troll lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anthony.BF)
    They're dangerous too, NEVER forget that.

What's it like? Bloody fun.
    It's a moped, not a car, so obviously you'll need to learn how to ride.....

I've decided I'm not going to continue responding, you seem like a troll lol
    Hahahhahaha no. Why do I seem like a troll? Because I have neg reps? I have them because I don't back down in a debate pal and give my point regardless of whether it's an accepted fact, or something that is known to stir controversy. Unlike you I imagine, someone who probably posts ridiculous things and responds to criticisms of his post in equally ridiculous ways.

Seriously though, any one else out there ridden one of these things? I've estimated that the cost to me would be about £25 a month to insure, put fuel in and generally own and use a scooter and for that I just can't say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonefrombrum)
    For an average 250cc model, what would be the 0 - 60 speed? I've tried looking for this information but can't find anything and I'd be interested to know
    A moped is not a moped if its engine capacity is greater than 50cc.

A moped is a vehicle (car style, since 2013, or a bike or a scooter) with an engine capacity not exceeding 50cc.

Moped is the class of engine, not the style of bike. You're probably thinking of a 250cc scooter, which has different licensing entirely. You will need an A2 motorbike licence (from age 19 or elder) to get one.

ReputationRep:
    250cc scooter will be fine.
    50cc things are dangerous - takes all their power to move their own weight never mind a tank of fuel and a rider!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.