Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    I withdrew from my degree in July, Student finance were made aware of this at the time and I didn't receive any payments since. My degree was one that runs from March each year, and to my surprise, I checked my online banking earlier and I have received a loan payment for the start of this new academic year, despite withdrawing ages ago and student finance being aware of this. Who am I supposed to call to resolve this and so I can pay the money back? Do I call student finance or the student loans company? I appreciate this isn't one you hear every day, normally people complaining about not getting their loan on time!

    Call the student finance people and get it rescinded. You're still liable to pay it back!

    Also contact your former uni. Student Finance only release funds when a uni confirms that a student has enrolled/re-enrolled at the start of each academic year. As this is March in your case, it means that the uni's records are wrong as well.

    As this could affect future eligibility to Student Finance if you decide to give it another try in future, it's worth tidying up all the loose ends.
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.