Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Any of you already heard from LSE for Law? coz most of us didn't last week, so i just wanted to know if meanwhile someone has already been offered a place/ rejected... Chears
    P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law_student)
    Hey guys!
    Any of you already heard from LSE for Law? coz most of us didn't last week, so i just wanted to know if meanwhile someone has already been offered a place/ rejected... Chears
    P
    I applied for law with french law there and got put on the waiting list. I sent off some extra information (mock results etc.) but I've still heard nothing. They said March though, so here's hoping. I have heard it's fiercely competitive though.

ReputationRep:
    Every other thread in the univeristy sub forum is about LSE law, I think we'll all know when offers/rejections start coming through properly. PLEASE dont want replies from people in Singapore saying they got a reply sumtime in the last aeon, most havnt

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected 4 law...
    wanted 2 do law with german but they dont offer it...no biggie am off 2 bham

ReputationRep:
    lol.. can't blame you for starting a thread though.

ReputationRep:
    heard from ucl yet elle?

ReputationRep:
    I havn't heard from LSE for law yet, anyone in this position, don't worry it's definitely the norm.

Manchesters not bottering to reply to me yet is slightly concerning. I would have expected them to have got back to me by now (because they're crap)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    heard from ucl yet elle?
    still no word...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    I havn't heard from LSE for law yet, anyone in this position, don't worry it's definitely the norm.

Manchesters not bottering to reply to me yet is slightly concerning. I would have expected them to have got back to me by now (because they're crap)
    Strange thing, is that I applied to Manc, only to make it to 6 cos I didnt have anything to lose, I never wanted to go there cos it's too close to home (lol) and I wanted to be in London. But I got rejected on March 9. I find it rather silly that it took them from October to March to decide to reject me. I'm a gap year student with 4 As and have worked on a law journal during my gap year, and with a good reference. Futhermore Manchester isn't one of the best law schools, yet I got rejected...strange to be honest, cos I got accepted by KCL way back at the beginning of December, proves that the application process is f*cked, especially since I like many others are still waiting from UCL and LSE.

Good though!

ReputationRep:
    Ooops I mean good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    So far ive been rejected from Cam after interview.. Bristol and Durham outa the blue.. Nottingham aftera a test and waiting still for LSE.. and yet I received an offer for UCL way back, just after the new year.
    ...???? Nottingham Durham and Bristol were my backups If i got rejected from UCL and LSE since i expected a rejection from Cam. I have 7 A stars and the rest A's for GCSE.. 90% in all my AS exams and doing Physics , latin and maths for A level. lol. My friends doing medicine and have basically goit rejected from half his Universities for medicine and yet got into Oxford. I ve got another m8 who has all A stars and got rejected from nearly all his uni's. lol. ..but i guess.. crap happens..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    So far ive been rejected from Cam after interview.. Bristol and Durham outa the blue.. Nottingham aftera a test and waiting still for LSE.. and yet I received an offer for UCL way back, just after the new year.
    ...???? Nottingham Durham and Bristol were my backups If i got rejected from UCL and LSE since i expected a rejection from Cam. I have 7 A stars and the rest A's for GCSE.. 90% in all my AS exams and doing Physics , latin and maths for A level. lol. My friends doing medicine and have basically goit rejected from half his Universities for medicine and yet got into Oxford. I ve got another m8 who has all A stars and got rejected from nearly all his uni's. lol. ..but i guess.. crap happens..
    i know sometimes it really gets u thinking how screwed the system is!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to think they pick names out of hats since so many places don't interview for popular subjects like law. I mean how DO you decide, i know there's the PS but that's not truely enlightening is it?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the system is screwed...well perhaps that's extermism, but my father is a Professor and he worked within a leading university for 25 years. Even before I went to Oxford for interview (later getting rejected) he told me that universities have very strange application processes, and he said that you will never know what happens and not to get upset. Tbh that is exceedingly true. I like you and many other people across the country and internationally, have brilliant results, glowing references and many other excellent credentials...yet get rejected from places. It really does make you think, how the hell do they decide to reject someone, it could just be because they don't like where you come from or your name etc., whatever the reasons, we will never know, and never shall do. Furthermore the universities that many of us have applied to are internationally leading institutions, so they have further reason to be picky.

As for being rejected, I also got rejected from Manchester, no idea why, and I got invited to the test at Nottingham but didn't wish to go, then also got rejected from Oxford. No response from UCL, place at KCL and yet to hear from LSE. I am beginning to wonder how to look at our applications, order, preference etc. You have an offer from UCL, my friend got an interview and subsequent rejection, and I have never heard anything from there. I have a place at KCL, so does my friend mentioned above have an offer, and we heard in December, yet other ppl on these forums haven't heard. Then I know loads of people rejected from LSE months ago, two people with offers and then LOADS of ppl of these forums still waiting......

I'm baffled tbh. I really didn't think I would be waiting this long especially post-A level. However as some one says no news is good news.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.