Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am currently studying Geography at Lancaster University, first year. However, I have recently come to realise that this is not the course for me, and have decided to follow my passion of film making. I have a few questions however, is Media Production the best way to get a job in the film/TV industry? Are there any other degrees that would be better (if any)? If so, which is the best university to apply for?

Cheers for any help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenRaybone)
    Hey,

I am currently studying Geography at Lancaster University, first year. However, I have recently come to realise that this is not the course for me, and have decided to follow my passion of film making. I have a few questions however, is Media Production the best way to get a job in the film/TV industry? Are there any other degrees that would be better (if any)? If so, which is the best university to apply for?

Cheers for any help in advance.
    I'd recommend the Skillset Media Academies as these are the Universities with links to the industry. Like Bournemouth, Middlesex University, Uni of Westminster etc.

Here's a link to the site.

http://courses.creativeskillset.org/...film_academies

There are some workshops and opportunities available if you search for them, which could benefit you.

For e.g. BFI recently ran a Arts Award scheme thing.

I'm not sure if it's the best way to enter the industry, although it's the route I'm taking as not only will I build skills through the course (Television Production) but I will also take advantage of all the work experience on offer and build contacts this way (hopefully)!

ReputationRep:
    ravensbourne is a good uni to apply to if you want to get in to media, they have really impressive facilities and great industry links, i know someone that graduated there last year and he now works for channel 4

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.