Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I’ve got offers to study LLB law at both these places but I’m really really struggling to choose one to firm… does anyone have any ideas on why I should go for one or the other??
    I love them both they all have appealing sides to them!
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm also in the same situation, received offers for Law from both Surrey and Sussex and loved them both when I visited.

The location of Sussex would be it's main attraction for me, it's just a short train ride from Brighton which is famous for it's night life. The beach (albeit a bit stony) is also near by and there will always be something going on meaning there is less chance of you getting bored.

Surrey might not have the same quality of night life as Sussex but it has many good points. The campus is gorgeous and has a really nice feel to it, the Sports Park (one of the main reasons for my application to Surrey) is fantastic if you are interested in sport at all.

Also have a look at the financial aspects that each University can offer you. If you don't come from a rich family background then one of the Universities may offer you slightly more money which could improve the quality of life you may have during your stay.

It all comes down to what you want out of your University, do you need the night life of Brighton nearby or would you be happier living in a slightly quieter area with a very attractive campus?

ReputationRep:
    Surrey is much better.

ReputationRep:
    I went for Sussex in the end, I think it was the attraction of Brighton that really made my decision! Surrey is firmed; just got to get the grades now!!

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear you made your decision

Did you have a chance to go to any of the open days at Surrey or Sussex to have a look around the Universities and the towns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hrhenderson)
    I went for Sussex in the end, I think it was the attraction of Brighton that really made my decision! Surrey is firmed; just got to get the grades now!!
    You said you 'went for Sussex in the end' and 'Surrey is firmed', so which one did you firm Sussex or Surrey??

ReputationRep:
    Yes did you go to Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    oh right yeah I meant I firmed Sussex and Surrey is my insurance, sorry!
    yeah I think I've been to all of the open days at both, and just walking around Brighton is much more appealing to me than Guildford, particularly as I'm into the music scene which is good in Brighton

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.