Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friends always want to drink to have fun but I'm bored of it Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever one of my friends is having a birthday, or it's Christmas or there's some celebration of some sort all my friends ever want to do is go clubbing and get drunk. And the nights always have the same format, pre drink till pissed enough to dance like a ****, go to club and dance like a ****, stagger or get taxi home like a ****, spend the next day hungover but saying how much fun it was dancing like a **** Maybe I'm just getting old or I'm boring but I just don't find it fun anymore. I spent 3 years of University doing that **** and thought we'd have found something better to do by now.

I see some groups of friends on facebook who go to restaurants for friends birthdays. This is something I'd actually enjoy, as it would give me an opportunity to actually talk to friends I haven't seen for a while, something that is impossible to do in loud clubs, would probably be cheaper, and I would actually have some good memories of the night rather than barely remembering anything. Am I just old (I'm 24) or is anyone else bored of their friends feeling the only way to have fun is to get drunk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ralphieinker90)
    Whenever one of my friends is having a birthday, or it's Christmas or there's some celebration of some sort all my friends ever want to do is go clubbing and get drunk. And the nights always have the same format, pre drink till pissed enough to dance like a ****, go to club and dance like a ****, stagger or get taxi home like a ****, spend the next day hungover but saying how much fun it was dancing like a **** Maybe I'm just getting old or I'm boring but I just don't find it fun anymore. I spent 3 years of University doing that **** and thought we'd have found something better to do by now.

I see some groups of friends on facebook who go to restaurants for friends birthdays. This is something I'd actually enjoy, as it would give me an opportunity to actually talk to friends I haven't seen for a while, something that is impossible to do in loud clubs, would probably be cheaper, and I would actually have some good memories of the night rather than barely remembering anything. Am I just old (I'm 24) or is anyone else bored of their friends feeling the only way to have fun is to get drunk?
    Nope, I think you're on the money.

ReputationRep:
    It does get boring once you've done it about a billion times, know exactly what you mean. Think variety is key, mix it up with other things - cinema, bowling, going for a meal etc etc doesn't always have to involve getting ****faced. Then when you do go out on the lash, you enjoy it more.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you suggest it? If your friends have never tried going to resturants as a group they may not see the appeal. You never know, they could enjoy it and it could become more of a regular thing.

ReputationRep:
    In my first year of uni I was a little piss head, I went out 4 times a week and scraped a pass at uni. I felt I was pressured to go out drinking so I decided to not live with the people I was living with in first year. I moved into a house with older people, and I prefer this year. We go pub a lot more just to play snooker/pool/dart rather than get smashed, we always go out for dinner, we always cook for each other. Also I am getting A for almost all my assignments! Which is a great bonus :-)

So yeah your not the only one :-)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I had a friend like that, he is teetotal now. Just tell your friends that its boring and suggest something else, you might get some resistance and if you do, make friends with those who go out to dinner..

ReputationRep:
    No, I agree, drinking, especially clubbing, gets boring after you finish Uni. Unless you're going to top of the range clubs with celebrities which is pretty unlikely, then you're more likely than not visiting places you went whilst at Uni, and it's not going to be as much fun. When you go out at University it will more likely than not be on Student nights, so cheap, and you don't have to worry to much about being hungover as you may have the next day off or lectures later on in the day but when youre working you have to go out weekends when its expensive or risk going to work with a hangover. I know a lot of people who have become teetotal after Uni. Its just a new phase in life. Uni is fun but if you kept up a student lifestyle forever youd be dead by the time you were 30

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.