Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As u may b aware Ive been on off with a guy for a year! Ive been warned bout how he isn't a nice person etc and that he was using me for sex . Well got punched this wkend after being with him by his gf because yet again I believed his lies that he wasn't with his then gf

I find out he slept with his ex also in wk. the woman who hit me phoned me saying he's a compulsive liar, he steals and has hit her when she had a pregnancy scare

Also find out he's told her in ugly, made fun of my mental state, that I'm crap in bed etc

And he's also for the year been ****ging me off to peeps in local pub saying how I've been stalking him and that I'm easy! His gf said he's been saying iI'm not good in the sack that he pretended to b tired so he didn't have to sleep with me etc. thing is he used to beg mr to go meet him for sex so I think it's bull I could b wrong but t has upset mr

I feel like Ive lost as despite what he's done she will take him bk

ReputationRep:
    Hi spikeygurl
    Thanks for your message,sorry to hear about what has been happening with this guy.

To be honest, it sounds like this is not a relationship that you should be in. Everyone deserves to be treated with love and respect, and you certainly don't sound like you are getting either. He has been cheating on you, and you have been assaulted because of this. How are you feeling after that? Do you need any medical attention?

Also, saying nasty things about you is abusive behaviour. It may be that his gf is also saying things because she is jealous. You also his ex was assaulted and abused by him, so I am very concerned about what he could do to you.

Alot of what you say seems to be about sex. I totally understand that this can be a very intense thing and can make you almost 'forget' about other stuff that is going on, but it is not the most important thing to base a relationship on. If he is sleeping with other people as well as you, you also need to think about keeping safe and using protection.

I really feel that you would be safer and happier out of this relationship. Don't see this as losing something, see it as gaining something! You will be free from all this stress and anxiety and will hopefully meet someone lovely who will treat you properly. I would also be concerned about his ex gf taking him back as it sounds as if she has been treated badly herself. She would be able to report his abuse if she felt that she wanted to. Unfortunately it is unlikely that he will change, without some intervention and professional support. Do you have anyone that you can talk this through with?

This site may be useful: http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/

If you do decide not to see him again, he may try to get in touch so you need to think about how you will resist that and also keep safe. Here are some tips for how to do that: http://www.respectnotfear.co.uk/keepingsafe/

I hope this has helped, come back any time for a chat if you are worried about anything.
    take care
    Jo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered relationship abuse Q&A threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.