Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not allowed to be naked in own home? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought we had freedom, but apparantly its illegal. Surely the people outside had the option of whether or not to look into his house .. The fact that he has a 5 year old kid is the only dodgy thing I can see here but the police seem to have a problem that the public could see him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Virginia.html

ReputationRep:
    Lol maybe he should have closed the blinds first seeing as the window faced the street opposite a bus stop?

ReputationRep:
    Surely there are other things that are much more deserving of a 1 year prison sentence, then a man being naked in his own home.

ReputationRep:
    its political correc...........

good.

thats america. stupid is. stupid does.

ReputationRep:
    Potentially prison and a fine for that?

Wow.

ReputationRep:
    There's a problem with the DM site, I seem to end up on photos of Diana Vickers bikini clad body. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, why are you looking at articles from 2009?
    Regardless, that guy is fittt.

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous to be honest. Definitely don't think it's worthy of prison or a fine, people have been caught doing worse and gotten away with it. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's walked into a room after a shower to find the window cleaner staring back at them what then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivavangveing)
    Lol, why are you looking at articles from 2009?
    Regardless, that guy is fittt.
    I didnt actively browse it it sort of came to me while I was looking for at hamster cages It got my interest so I clicked on it.

You think he's fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashazzz)
    That's ridiculous to be honest. Definitely don't think it's worthy of prison or a fine, people have been caught doing worse and gotten away with it. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's walked into a room after a shower to find the window cleaner staring back at them what then??
    I know, we havent had any blinds on our bathroom window for years I keep mentioning it but no one can be bothered to put them up, including me. As the shower is in front of the window and the light is on people can see in every night I try to hide behind the wall while showering, luckily Im quite flat chested so they might think im a guy. It makes me think though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthedark1)
    I thought we had freedom, but apparantly its illegal.
    You do realise this is the US? What makes you think it's illegal in the UK?

As this is a UK site, I'm assuming you are based here.

ReputationRep:
    What I find most puzzling is who in their right mind would inform the police of this?

If they have a problem with it surely the best course of action would be to knock on his door and ask him to be more sensible with the blinds..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    You do realise this is the US? What makes you think it's illegal in the UK?

As this is a UK site, I'm assuming you are based here.
    I was speaking in general I wasnt thinking about countries, even so isn't America supposed to be free

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid the law does have to say you can't be naked in your own home. Because otherwise there would be no way to stop someone who was flagrantly and repeatedly exposing himself to people going by on the street from behind a glass door.

Of course the law is founded on common sense so nobody would get a conviction just for walking around naked while accidentally being visible through the window.

Oh I just realised this is America, in that case all bets are off. There, prisons are run overwhelmingly by private interests and therefore they lock people up at the slightest provocation.

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I once stood in my bedroom window naked and my parents told me off and told me policemen would come and tell me off. So I was always under the impression it's not a good idea to have no clothes on where you're in view. I wear clothes all the time so it's not a problem to me lol, although slightly off topic I went to a mates house and her sisters who were babies and toddlers were all running around the house naked climbing on the kitchen tables and surfaces then the family actually ate food and snacks off those surfaces. Not sure if a bit strange or unhygenic tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking in general I wasnt thinking about countries
    Well, yes, but then lots of different things are illegal or curtailed in various countries. From murder and rape, to criticism of the government, to calling a pig Napoleon, to dying in Parliament, to women drivers, to abortion.

It's a bit nonsensical to speak of having freedom, then mention a law that occurs in a different country. Otherwise I could say, I thought we had freedom, but women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

even so isn't America supposed to be free
    What is meant by free? It isn't an anarchic society, no. There are laws and limits placed on human behaviour, as there is in any society.

ReputationRep:
    I thought we had freedom, but apparantly its illegal. Surely the people outside had the option of whether or not to look into his house .. The fact that he has a 5 year old kid is the only dodgy thing I can see here but the police seem to have a problem that the public could see him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Virginia.html
    You know we are still primitive when being naked at your home is "indecent" exposure like if you were being exposed to some shockingly and grotesque thing. It's a bloody human body for **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Well, yes, but then lots of different things are illegal or curtailed in various countries. From murder and rape, to criticism of the government, to calling a pig Napoleon, to dying in Parliament, to women drivers, to abortion.

It's a bit nonsensical to speak of having freedom, then mention a law that occurs in a different country. Otherwise I could say, I thought we had freedom, but women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

What is meant by free? It isn't an anarchic society, no. There are laws and limits placed on human behaviour, as there is in any society.
    Gees, its only an informal TSR post not an academic assignment, I just thought Id got all those things out the way I'l admit my mistake and edit my post if its making you excited.

ReputationRep:
    Top comment made a good point:

'If a man sees a woman naked in her home through a window. He is a peeping tom. If a woman sees a naked man in his home through a window. He is a pervert. Men loose both ways.'

ReputationRep:
    Why the woman is not accused for being a pervert as she was starring at a naked guy?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.