Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where they could row, but I know that some other uni's have the opportunity, so I'd like to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they do. There's also an intercollegiate University of London RC for the more talented. They row on the rather large river in London known as the Thames (Tideway section - the same section as the Oxford / Cambridge boat race).

There's a comprehensive list of rowing clubs on the British Rowing website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    I don't know where they could row, but I know that some other uni's have the opportunity, so I'd like to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you don't know there is a river that goes through london?

ReputationRep:
    http://uclbc.com/

Yes...voila

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarasta)
    you don't know there is a river that goes through london?
    Yes, but I didn't think we were allowed on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    Yes, but I didn't think we were allowed on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oooh thank goodness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Yes, they do. There's also an intercollegiate University of London RC for the more talented. They row on the rather large river in London known as the Thames (Tideway section - the same section as the Oxford / Cambridge boat race).

There's a comprehensive list of rowing clubs on the British Rowing website.
    Can anyone join even without previous rowing experience?

ReputationRep:
    Yep there will be novice clubs and then senior squads or the like for those who have rowed before

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at UCL (I first replied to this thread when it was in another forum), but if you go to http://uclbc.com/ and click on 'Squads', then you will see that it refers to novice men and novice women. Novice squads are for people who have never rowed before in their lives, and all university boat clubs have a large majority of new members starting out as novices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.