Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm currently doing my AS level and I'm applying to University of Southern California to study Film and Television Production. The thing is that, that I don't know when to apply. Obviously I want to go for fall 2014 as soon as I finish my A'levels but is it not bit early since I will be only starting my second year of A'levels? :confused: this is where I get confused. Also what are my chances since I still didn't pass my English GCSE? I was only 3 marks off the C and also my maths I'm doing T5 in June and T2 in January next year.

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    I just google'd how the British education system works (the terms and stuff), so correct me if I seem off or ignorant at parts.

Yes, you apply for school at the beginning of Year 13/upper second form.
    e.g. for a 13th year finishing 6th form in 2020, apply by December 2019 for entrance in August 2020.

Funny that the first post I look at here after making an account is about USC and about someone who wants to go to the cinema school (guess where I go, haha). USC as a university at large is becoming increasingly competitive, with an acceptance rate of 19.2% this year, and the the film school sports acceptance rates in the single digits. Check out last year's freshman profile here. http://about.usc.edu/files/2011/07/U...rofile2012.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Thanks A'levels last only for 2 years and its as far as I know last two years of High School in US And I'm finishing my year 13 this June and starting year 14 in September. And I'm applying this year for fall 2014. My question is .. is it not a wee bit early? Should I apply after I finish my A'levels completely? But thanks for the answer anyway

ReputationRep:
    If you want to take a year off, yes, it is too early; but if you want to go straight after graduation to university, then no, it's the right time. You submit your application in the first half of your last year of "high school" (while you're still taking your fall classes), then, should you be accepted, you send in transcripts of your fall grades in the spring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.