Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys and gals,

Im a 30 year old chap who sold out at the early age of 17 to pursue the corporate world and rise the ranks in retail management. However after some considerable thought and ponder, and years of reading psychology and philosophical books I have decided I would like to return to study to pursue these subjects.

I would eventually like study a philosophy degree but would like to ask the best path to this.

As I left school without a levels should I pursue some distance learning a levels? I was thinking pschology, philosophy and Religion. Or should I do an acces course. I would eventually like to apply to Sussex.

Thanks in advance!

BB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeanboy)
    As I left school without a levels should I pursue some distance learning a levels? I was thinking pschology, philosophy and Religion. Or should I do an acces course. I would eventually like to apply to Sussex.
    In your shoes, I'd contact the Sussex Philosophy Admissions Tutor and ask. Different unis/courses have different entry criteria for mature students. They can even be decided on a case-by-case basis - when I started my degree aged 44 I didn't have to do an Access course, but the other mature student on my course had been required to do one.

Email address for the person in quesiton at Sussex is at the bottom right:
    http://www.sussex.ac.uk/philosophy/ugstudy

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your help.

I'm going to send them an email so at least then I know officially the correct path.

Is there any mature philosophy students out there?

BB

ReputationRep:
    I admire you OP :five:

I can't help you much but I wish you all the best!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.