Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    About a week ago I sent evidence of a decree for my mothers divorce and she sent numerous documents they asked for about her financial situation.yesterday i received an email saying
    Your application is on hold because of the following reason(s):

Awaiting Eligibility Evidence

We cannot determine your entitlement to student finance until we receive the necessary evidence. You may also have to provide additional information to support your application.

To enable us to reference and manage your customer account, please write your Customer Reference Number on every document you send us.

For further information relating

I did attach a cover letter with the decree photocopy which it told me to print off and my mum sent off her document photocopies with a letter they sent her to send it with. I can't call them up because im on holiday and it will be too expensive unless it is absolutely nessecary, any help as to what is happening what I should do? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylaurend)
    About a week ago I sent evidence of a decree for my mothers divorce and she sent numerous documents they asked for about her financial situation.yesterday i received an email saying
    Your application is on hold because of the following reason(s):

Awaiting Eligibility Evidence

We cannot determine your entitlement to student finance until we receive the necessary evidence. You may also have to provide additional information to support your application.

To enable us to reference and manage your customer account, please write your Customer Reference Number on every document you send us.

For further information relating

I did attach a cover letter with the decree photocopy which it told me to print off and my mum sent off her document photocopies with a letter they sent her to send it with. I can't call them up because im on holiday and it will be too expensive unless it is absolutely nessecary, any help as to what is happening what I should do? Thanks
    If it's only been a week they won't have opened and processed the evidence yet, and so sent the letter by default. I'd give it another little while before ringing, though if you ring them after the bank holiday they'll probably tell you exactly how long you should wait as they should have estimates on processing times. They'll probably
    say something like if you haven't heard in six weeks.

Xxx
    posted from the TSR Android app
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    From experience, it can take them some time to update your records.

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks a lot guys

ReputationRep:
    Hey I received another email from student finance. I dont know whether to disregard this as I did send the evidence (which after logging in appeared to be my mothers decree absolute) i have already sent this 3 weeks ago or so but did not reference it with my customer reference number, does this mean they will not receive it and i have to do it again? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The letter says You indicated on your application that you wish to apply for student finance based on your household income. However, we cannot determine your full entitlement until we receive all of the necessary financial evidence.

We are still:

Awaiting Sponsor 2 Financial Evidence
    We have contacted them separately to request this.

We will process your application without using your financial information in 28 days, so that you have some student finance in place as close to your course start date as possible.

Important, please note:

If your sponsor(s) have already submitted the evidence requested then please disregard this e-mail.

You will only receive the minimum student finance available if you do not return financial evidence.

You still have time to send us financial evidence so we can calculate your full entitlement. If we receive all the requested evidence in good time then we will process your application as fully financially assessed.

If you don't return the evidence in time we will process your application without taking into account your household income. We will then carry out a full financial assessment at a later date and issue you with notification of this. Any difference between this and your previous assessment will be paid to you as quickly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylaurend)
    Hey I received another email from student finance. I dont know whether to disregard this as I did send the evidence (which after logging in appeared to be my mothers decree absolute) i have already sent this 3 weeks ago or so but did not reference it with my customer reference number, does this mean they will not receive it and i have to do it again? Thanks
    If you included the cover letter they told you to print off, as said in you're op, that should have had your details on. If it was just the document then probably yes you'll need to send again, but check with them first by phoning.

If you did have your details with it then again, I'd ignore the email but keep an eye. Note though that it mentions sponsor 2, which implies that they have recieved your mums financial info and are just waiting for the decree (if you're only being assessed on your mum).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have sent off all the required information, back at the end of January, and have just received the same email. Do you have their number, so I could ring?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You replied to an 11 month old post!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.