The Student Room Group

Learning Case Studies for Geog

Is it worth learning the case studies given in the textbook rather than school examples that are either too vague or too detailed?
This is for the AQA geography tourism unit where my school has given me Mombassa but the textbook has Jamaica?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
The one your school has taught you is more likely to be recent and therefor would look better than the one in the textbook that most likely a lot of people doing the same exam will use. If it is too vague have a look online and do some research, a little bit of own knowledge can go a long way and you're probably more likely to remember it if you've found it yourself :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Original post by mcdermie
The one your school has taught you is more likely to be recent and therefor would look better than the one in the textbook that most likely a lot of people doing the same exam will use. If it is too vague have a look online and do some research, a little bit of own knowledge can go a long way and you're probably more likely to remember it if you've found it yourself :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

I suppose you're right, thanks!

can do both what the book and school tell you. both are just as good. the odder the case study the more flare it is, that's what school will be doing.

Remember 7 key things for the case study as that's all you will be able to remember quickly, it is known you can only remember 7 things well. remember them well rather than very vague, if you are just going to use it to back up an example, remember less than 7, you may just need the name.
Original post by clareramos
can do both what the book and school tell you. both are just as good. the odder the case study the more flare it is, that's what school will be doing.

Remember 7 key things for the case study as that's all you will be able to remember quickly, it is known you can only remember 7 things well. remember them well rather than very vague, if you are just going to use it to back up an example, remember less than 7, you may just need the name.

Yeah I suppose so, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending