Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got rejected from all my uni's this year. I'm planning to reapply next year.
    Has anyone improved their UKCAT at the second sitting? If yes what did you change when you prepared for it second time round? How much did you improve by if you don't me asking?

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Not me personally, but I know someone who improved from 520 to 730. I think the only difference was that the second time they did far more practice questions beforehand and didn't get as stressed out on the day of the actual test. Good luck! (for what it's worth, I feel as if the majority of medics in my year are successful reapplicants, so there is hope! )

ReputationRep:
    I went from 580 (before my A-levels, can't remember subsection scores) and then when I sat again last year, 4 years on, I got 630, 670, 570, 590 (615), but had a technical error. I'm hoping for a more significant improvement this time around :P

ReputationRep:
    Do as many practice questions as you can from the book and all the practice tests online at least once good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i went from an 665 to an better 710.
    no idea how the whole thing works or how they score it.
    if you get the 600 ukcat q's book and the ukcat website you'll be fine.
    Also on the day you sit it try to get into a good mindset, foucused, ready, relaxed. Don't get too stressed it is one but a number of factors they use, and plus not all unis use the ukcat.
    Just out of intrest what unis are you going to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    I went from 617.5 the first time, to 725 the second time.

I practiced more, I got medify which was decent although not brilliant, and I also got the Kaplan question book from amazon, which was fairly good also.

Also i had the 600Q but where i had used that before, and foolishly filled it out in pen thinking I'd never need it again, it was hard to practice from.

ReputationRep:
    I went from 640 (A-levels) using just the UKCAT official practice questions to 720 (final year of undergraduate degree) with the use of medify, the 600Q book as well as the official practice questions

ReputationRep:
    i went from 632.5 to 667.5, definitely reckon extra preparation improves your score (despite what people say about not being able to improve your score :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bssjonny)
    I went from 617.5 the first time, to 725 the second time.

I practiced more, I got medify which was decent although not brilliant, and I also got the Kaplan question book from amazon, which was fairly good also.

Also i had the 600Q but where i had used that before, and foolishly filled it out in pen thinking I'd never need it again, it was hard to practice from.
    hey are you from the exeter thread by any chance? gonna firm?

ReputationRep:
    605 to 747.5 I used the Emedica UKCAT 14 day crammer Highly reccommend it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patel3000)
    i went from an 665 to an better 710.
    no idea how the whole thing works or how they score it.
    if you get the 600 ukcat q's book and the ukcat website you'll be fine.
    Also on the day you sit it try to get into a good mindset, foucused, ready, relaxed. Don't get too stressed it is one but a number of factors they use, and plus not all unis use the ukcat.
    Just out of intrest what unis are you going to apply to?
    Durham and newcastle for two. I got rejected after interview from them this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaBella<3)
    605 to 747.5 I used the Emedica UKCAT 14 day crammer Highly reccommend it!
    Thats pretty amazing, I'm going to attempt to go from 692.5 to atleast 720 this year.

ReputationRep:
    652.5 to 715

I only used the 600Q book & a practice test from the official website.

Just do those questions & relax as much as you can on the day It's really all about keeping calm....Doing more practice questions can help familiarise yourself more with the questions, so you remain a little bit calmer during the real thing.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patel3000)
    hey are you from the exeter thread by any chance? gonna firm?
    Those *******s rejected me :'(
    But I've firmed Newcastle instead.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is an amazing medical school your so lucky!
    Exeter was the only good one i applied to...

ReputationRep:
    642.5 to 700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheartat20)
    652.5 to 715

I only used the 600Q book & a practice test from the official website.

Just do those questions & relax as much as you can on the day It's really all about keeping calm....Doing more practice questions can help familiarise yourself more with the questions, so you remain a little bit calmer during the real thing.

Good luck
    Hope I get a second score like yours xD

ReputationRep:
    I went from 643.5 to 710 avg. Attending the kaplan ukcat course definitely made a huge difference for me at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 642.5 first time round and got 775 second time.

I definitely took it more seriously and I used Medify the second time round. Very useful.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.