Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Can you estimate my bf%? (pics, bit homo) Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says - I can't find anywhere to get calipers and do that pinchy thing so I've had to rely on those hilarious machines that do height vs. weight, which considering i'm 86kilos at 179cm is not going to be entirely accurate - says 25% or something which I think is nearly obese, correct?

Anyway - what would you say my bf% is?

THANKS GUYZ

EDIT: too much of a computer spaz to work out how to rotate the picture, it might involve some head-tilting. SOZZLE
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Ask on a bodybuilding forum, you'll get more replies. I'm awful at men's body fat % but I'd say you are definitely below 25%.

Those machines don't work anyway. Go to a gym and get it done there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d00bey)
    As the title says - I can't find anywhere to get calipers and do that pinchy thing so I've had to rely on those hilarious machines that do height vs. weight, which considering i'm 86kilos at 179cm is not going to be entirely accurate - says 25% or something which I think is nearly obese, correct?

Anyway - what would you say my bf% is?

THANKS GUYZ

EDIT: too much of a computer spaz to work out how to rotate the picture, it might involve some head-tilting. SOZZLE
    It would be nice to see legs and back as well, but at a guess 18-19%?

ReputationRep:
    Tried posting on a BB forum but unfortunately need roughly 50 posts in order to post pics. Not really sure I can find 50 things to say to get that privilege =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    It would be nice to see legs and back as well, but at a guess 18-19%?
    Looks like i've got a fair bit of cutting to do for Kiev 2k13!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i've got a fair bit of cutting to do for Kiev 2k13!
    I might be over/under estimating, it was a complete guess. Although I don't think you're that far from abs, maybe 10-15 weeks of cutting and you should be looking good

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it really matters. Knowing the number won't change how you feel about how it looks.

Unless you're shooting for 10% BF because you're eager to see abs.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the exact number matter. Do you want to get leaner? If so, carry on. If not then, well, carry on. No one outside of 2 plate squatting forum users care about what your bf% may or may not be.

ReputationRep:
    I would say around 23%-24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Why does the exact number matter. Do you want to get leaner? If so, carry on. If not then, well, carry on. No one outside of 2 plate squatting forum users care about what your bf% may or may not be.
    Sorry I'm not a bodybuilder and as a result I'm not really aware what '2 plate squatting forum users' are. Could you explain?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    I would say around 23%-24%
    Ouch. Ok well if that's the case I should probably stop eating chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm not a bodybuilder and as a result I'm not really aware what '2 plate squatting forum users' are. Could you explain?

Thanks

1 plate = 20kg. 2 plates (per side) plus the bar = 100kg.

Dunno if he actually meant benching, because a 100kg squat is hardly impressive.

I guess a lot of people have the goal of 1 plate OHP, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    1 plate = 20kg. 2 plates (per side) plus the bar = 100kg.

Dunno if he actually meant benching, because a 100kg squat is hardly impressive.

I guess a lot of people have the goal of 1 plate OHP, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 dead.
    lol no I meant squating. Hence why I wrote squating.

Of course it's not impressive (neither is a 2 plate bench unless you're younger than 15 or only have one arm).

The sort of people who care about what exact % their body fat is are nearly always small and weak and spend far too much time on internet forums.

ReputationRep:

Of course it's not impressive (neither is a 2 plate bench unless you're younger than 15 or only have one arm).

The sort of people who care about what exact % their body fat is are nearly always small and weak and spend far too much time on internet forums.
    Yeah, I figured that after posting then couldn't be ****ed to edit.

BB forums always seem so awful.

ReputationRep:
    You are around 12-14% body fat, for those who have been saying 23-24 i suggest you google what 23-24% body fat is.. it is significantly more than what this individual has.
    You tend to be able to see ab definition at around 10-12% body fat so you are not too far off mate.

ReputationRep:

Over 1,500 posts

ReputationRep:
    Over 1,500 posts
    Haha over 1500 is not that much

ReputationRep:
    about 14-15% bf. Do you have pecs or is dat gyno?

ReputationRep:
    Over 1,500 posts
    In 2 years. Most of which are in my blog and those that are not are usually trying to help people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignorant)
    You are around 12-14% body fat, for those who have been saying 23-24 i suggest you google what 23-24% body fat is.. it is significantly more than what this individual has.
    You tend to be able to see ab definition at around 10-12% body fat so you are not too far off mate.
    16-20% more like. It's difficult to tell from one pic though. 12-14% is leaner than you think. Loads of people can have ab definition whilst tensing and sucking in (and with a bit of lighting assistance), it doesn't mean they have less than 14% fat.

Also factor in he's 5'10 and 86kg with some muscle but not a massive amount for that weight. Unless he got big legs? He could conceivably shed 8-10kg of pure fat, maybe more, before he hits single digits. Fat is deceptively carried by us. I know cos I thought I was sort of lean at 76-79kg but I'm now 73kg and still have more to lose! (I'm 5'9.5 btw which is similar to OP).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.