Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People you usually hang out with in college/school are pretty much... Non-existent (in terms of communication) during half term and holiday breaks?

It's quite stupid I say, the people I usually hang out with during term time don't bother speaking or communicating with barely anyone outside college/school.

Again, doesn't apply to everyone, maybe these ''friends'' I hang out with at College are socially inept when it comes to staying in contact or something.

There are friends who I speak to daily regardless of whether or not we attend the same institution.

Is this common for you as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSI_10)
    Again, doesn't apply to everyone, maybe these ''friends'' I hang out with at College are socially inept when it comes to staying in contact or something.
    Or maybe its you? :dontknow: jus' sayin'

ReputationRep:
    I usually find people form friendships in school, college and work out of necesity, or fear of being alone or the odd one out, usually though they have perfectly normal and or happy friendships/social lifes outside of the school/college/work etc.

In my whole school life my friends were seperate from my social life friends, not by my choice we were just different people, but happened to study same stuf.

Changed in college however, met one of my best friends in college.

It is normal yest but it doesnt always happen, some people meet their best friends and or even significant others through college/work or uni,

So chin up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    Or maybe its you? :dontknow: jus' sayin'

I make the effort to stay in contact with people who I consider friends. I'm the one who usually organizes events, football matches etc.

However, fair enough, using ''socially inept'' was rather unnecessary on my part

ReputationRep:
    sometimes. i only tend to keep in contact, with one friend from college during the holidays, but we're really close.
    But generally, i'm not surprised if no-one else texts me other than out of boredom. But if you try texting them, surely they would reply?
    I often use holidays to see old friends though, because i'm more flexible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.