ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, have just joined up!

I am Kate, 24yrs old and I had my interview for Adult Nursing at Plymouth Uni on 6th march, I got my conditional offer on the 8th march!

I have joined in hope to meet others on my course in Sept, but mainly for any advice on finance and childcare.

I have 2 young children, eldest is 5 and at school, and my youngest is 1. My husband works fulltime so childcare is an issue to be sorted, but I have no idea what to do first. I only firmed my offer last night after much worrying! Are there any other student nurses-to-be in my situation who can share what they have done??

Kate x

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kate, I'm Vicki. I also have firmed my conditional offer to plymouth to study adult nursing. I have two children (3 & 5). The child care is the biggest worry for me as I'm not sure how I'm going to manage it yet. My eldest is at school and my youngest preschool but my husband works full time so still need to arrange the after school times. Until we get time tables etc I'm not sure I can start arranging things in more detail.

Would be nice to have contact with some other people before starting as I don't know anyone else who is going.

X x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I will be a returning student in September. I started my training in 2006 but had to leave due to personal circumstances. A good friend of mine had a husband who was working full time and three kids, but she's qualified now. It can be difficult, but manageable. Do you guys have family who can help out?

Kate

ReputationRep:
    I don't have family who can help no, my husband and I are going to try our best to work things out around each other and the childminder. it's very daunting especially when we don't have timetables or even know placements am getting more worried as the days go by x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.